Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
Hi Aotea,

Welcome back, are you heading over to your prospect soon? Are the cidadas flying around yet (trout fishing)?

You will have a better idea than most, what did you think of my speculation on the amount of gold in the gravels at McAdies? What would be the range expected in partly covered areas of Otago, if the average grade is higher than on the West Coast?

I'm not sure about the water rights, just happy they got some, and it's not too bad a use for water considering irrigation water (in much bigger volume) is only used relatively inefficiently in Canterbury, say about 30% is used by the crop, the rest filters through the ground. Huge power use too, of course.
Gidday EZ,
Trout fishing is looking very unlikley..I have a ton of work on the house and have been housebound for an age. I can put you onto a good man who would love to take you out if you were interested though.

Re the water, yes it all looks promising really, mostly thanks to incompetent staff at the Council. I wouldnt say most filters into the ground though, most evaporates, and especially in the stoney paddocks!

As for your good value guesses, I think they are possibily a bit optimistic, but I dont know. There is a reason they are mining there afterall....

I think GEL will do well this year and they are one of my NZ Sharetrader comp picks!