sharetrader

Threaded View

Legend

The actual records for GEL's permits are now differing from the website's table by a significant amount. I've attempted to attach a pdf of the spreadsheet I keep current, based on the NZPAM public filings.

So the current details are:

Total area in unexpired permits is 1376 km2, at a cost of about $465,000 a year in fees.

Also applied for, another 7388 km2, see table.

While I wouldn't think GEL is allowed to do any exploration over these applied-for areas at the moment, in some cases they have held the permit previously as part of larger areas, so they have kept other parties out of the areas of interest.

Note the Komata area has been dropped, which is a large permit that surrounded the Talisman Mine across from Waihi. That makes it obvious that the latest map associated with the Q1 MD&A is incorrect, and the phrase (oft-repeated) about the total area under exploration is also technically incorrect.

While the MD&A report is more accurate, here's the phrase from the very latest press release, which advises that a clip from the editorial video has been posted around the web.

Glass Earth Gold is one of New Zealand's largest gold exploration companies, with its experienced geological team exploring promising gold prospects across a land position of approximately 10,000 square kilometres, in both the North and South Islands.
    The "work in progress" page on the website was a good idea, except it hasn't been updated for 6 months..

I am putting all this in one place at the moment to illustrate that, contrary to their legal requirements as a listed company, management is not being proactive at supplying timely information to the market, and is regurgitating old data without checking for accuracy. And that's a polite version of what I'm seeing.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by elZorro; 25-06-2012 at 12:29 PM.