Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
Drongo...I would like to believe that you are right....if one looks at the chart (5 years)....we have been here before....My basic reason for hanging is partly emotional (dum I know)...2...no one is going to build another dam soon...and the divs are meant to be going up.

Do you remember the great Waitaki dam(s) debate...i.e. divert the river blah blah....Some folk at the time said that the extra energy provided by this series of dams (6?) would only suffice for a period of 3 years of current NZ demand...i.e.insinuating huge geographical consequences for a relatively short period of temporay gain....

HOW WRONG these bofins appear to have been.....who would have thought that NZ INC would have an over supply of energy !!!!!!!!

Me thinks that (the GFC acknowledged) all those energy efficient white appliances,bulbs et al have made an influence....but huh you might say what about Heatpumps...

I often wonder if a "strengthening economy" will indeed increased returns for companies as CEN...BUt I also understand that if a "company" wishes to be more efficient ...they actually will save money.....

What am I saying...not sure really ...again....cheers
You can never be sure
CEN are doing just the right things.
Demand is actualy up
As I write cen are generating surplus electricity with wholesale power prices at 280 -their most expensive generation is gas thermal at 40-so profit on this surplus has gone up from around 20 to 200 .
As we get drier and little wind i cn see power prices shooting up much further .Lake inflows are now the lowest ever.
I dont have the time to research all this acurately.
It would be really helpful if someone with more time and financial aptitude than me could analyse what this all means for CEN ,trustpower and mighty river .