Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
Balance - I'm not touchy, I'm just saying that you should be sure of your research before making grand claims. The salary package for the CEO of Glass Earth wouldn't get me too excited. It looks like a lot of work and stress for that sort of a tax-paid return. Members of the board are paid a very small amount, although that looks like being improved a bit in the next AGM. Glass Earth has been a frugal operation all the way through, and they've been out there doing it, just like they promised.

I agree that it would have been less risky investing in gold from that great runup from $300 an ounce to $1800, in hindsight. But GEL and some other junior explorers have the clear potential to be 10-30 baggers in the medium term.
So let's see.

Shares were listed in October 2006 at 25 cents per share.

Now they are trading at 10.9c per share but that's after a 5:1 consolidation in Mar 2010.

So it's equivalent of 2.18c per share - 92.8% loss over 6.5 years for those who got in at the IPO level.

Rather hard to get excited about a stock with that kind of loss track record, wouldn't you agree?

All junior explorers in my observation raise funds by holding up the promise of 50 to 100 baggers.

Most go the other way however and deliver massive negative returns. Become shell companies for backdoor listings.