Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
www.stuff.co.nz is a complete waste of time.Scales recently held their agm in Christchurch.Was not reported in The Press.
The Press business section is more a lifestyle couple of pages.Very poor articles.
As a serious investor I would not pay to read business content.
I cancelled The Sunday Star Times as it is now hopeless.When they had Tim Hunter [now NBR] you got the odd decent article.
The NZ Herald has some good articles,however I would again not pay to read them.
I used to read The Australian until they put up a pay wall.Have not missed it.
Don't know who owns it but www.scoop.co.nz have reliable up to date business news.
Any way as an investor I am best reading company announcements,which are available via www.nzx.co.nz.
As for ever wanting to listen to Paul Henry or Mike Hosking, the answer is never.
Agreed stuff business is a waste of time. NZherald Business and Liam Dann are better but they have been going backwards too. Which is my point, both media groups need to do something.

NZX announcements provide no insight into the issues companies are facing or oversight of the games companies play. Maybe best just to subscribe to Intelligent Investor?

I would ditch the stuff brand which is looking tired and the name is a bit 90s and transfer The Press, Dominion Post and Sunday Star Times content to NZHerald.co.nz.

Scoop just republishes NZ press releases with the odd opinion column mixed in. Lets hope that isn't NZME's future content strategy too!