sharetrader

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Back in Auckland from an nice couple of days New Plymouth.
    blackcap the AGM was positive and the points Vaygor mentioned on the 27th of Nov 16 was more or less the body of the presentation.
    Vaygor has passion for ALF, he knows the fine detail and easily could have written the presentation. He even got a book about ALF's history covering the period from, the late 1800's.
    Yes about 120 years of history on ALF so if interested in ALF reread his post of the 27th.
    Thanks Forest.

The book is called 'Too old to be secrets now'. I am away from home at present so just googled it and found a copy currently for sale on TradeMe (Disc: I am not, and do not know, the seller). http://www.trademe.co.nz/books/rare-...1210316034.htm and apparently it is not too hard to find in the odd 2nd hand bookshop.

I first became aware of the book some years after I became a Shareholder, at the ALF AGM 2 years ago, when they gave away a number of copies at the meeting.

Although written by Russell A J Standing, the book is based upon the historical accounts from the now retired ex-Chairman and dedicated doyen of Allied Farmers, Brian Train.

I will provide a bit more detail over the next day or two regarding my view on ALF as a result of the AGM, suffice to say I agree with Forest; it was a positive meeting and the future most certainly does not look dim.
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 01-12-2016 at 10:34 PM.