Guys - I'm a 63 y.o. who is 1-2 years away from retirement and thinking about an appropriate structure for the share market component of my investment portfolio. I want to target around 40% in equities and that has to fit with the my current investments (12% Superann, 12% as a minority shareholder in a small business earning after tax returns 6-10%, 9% gold & silver, & 25% cash left when equities are all purchased). I'm conscious of 1) my age and need for a reliable future income, a share market globally that is undoubtedly over-valued, but an acknowledgement of current good health and the prospect that I could realistically live another 30 yrs plus. My background is in finance but I have a limited background in equities other than from my own reading

I currently have a smaller share portfolio that comprises predominantly MER, TPW, MCY, ARV, IFT & GNE but I'd really appreciate the views/suggestions, or indeed sample portfolios with weightings if it was you, that might be appropriate for someone in my position. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.