sharetrader

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Any thoughts on this. Family member moved out of the the Heritage life unit she owned 10 months ago. They have not found a new buyer so have not paid her out. I take it there is no limit to how long it could take for her payout. I have not seen the contract but believe there is no reference to a timeframe for settlement.
    Tough situation. I suggest you get the affected parties to have a chat with their lawyer. Unless Heritage Life or their management / agent are acting with prejudice you probably have no choice but to be patient.
    By acting with prejudice I am referring to the possibility of Heritage Life pushing the salesmanship of new units in the same village harder and not showing prospective incoming residents your family member's unit and / or not pricing the unit reasonably.
    Starting point for your lawyers consideration in terms of whether its worth sending them a legal letter rocket is probably consideration of the following
    1. How many other units are vacant in the village ?
    2. Is the unit in question priced reasonably compared to other units and / or new units in the village ?
    3. What marketing efforts is the village making to resell the unit ?
    4. Has the unit been refurbished to an attractive standard and if not why not ?
    5. Is there any reference to a maximum timeframe in the contract ?

These things can really drag on unfortunately.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-06-2021 at 06:39 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine