sharetrader
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Blocked! Again you are disingenuous with your reply deliberately not selecting the start of the time line in 2015.

• 2015: In October, the board tells the ministry its five-year property funding model is "not adequate to arrest the decline of ministry assets leased by the board". The board opts to raise the annual donation noting it had "no choice but to increase the financial burden on parents as the ministry does not fund the school sufficiently under the current regime, notwithstanding that students are legally entitled to a free education".

And what about those hospitals eh? Just ignoring the hundreds of millions that have had to be spent just to make the buildings workable again.
    Your disgraceful attempt to hide the full story just reinforces your lack of integrity and credibility.
    I high-lighted the years and years of the saga that were taking place under Labours purview. Then you got hysterical that I had ‘hidden’ something. Strange.
    The two examples you produced as evidence that National ‘left schools to rot’ actually showed nothing of the sort. You should be ashamed of yourself, spreading blatant Labour propaganda with no regard for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    I high-lighted the years and years of the saga that were taking place under Labours purview. Then you got hysterical that I had ‘hidden’ something. Strange.
    The two examples you produced as evidence that National ‘left schools to rot’ actually showed nothing of the sort. You should be ashamed of yourself, spreading blatant Labour propaganda with no regard for truth.
    It's ok - Daytr is the very same Labour wokester who proudly proclaimed that under Labour, 12,000 new state houses were built. Then he did somersaults, flips and spins to pretend he never meant that.

Such a loser but that's how Ardern & Hipkins love them - indoctrinated regurgitators.

Let's just ignore the trail of rotten hospitals that National left behind shall we.

Legend

Let's just ignore the trail of rotten hospitals that National left behind shall we.
    Likely be the trail of rotten hospitals that Labour left behind soon, while trying to play build empires
    and ignoring how things were managing

Guru

Who was responsible again?

The Labour government that was in power in 2000?

Manukau DHB?

Hawkins Construction?

David Clark?

You tell me.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/healt...buildings.html

Manukau DHB slammed for slow progress on rotting Middlemore Hospital buildings

22/03/2018

‘The Health Minister is demanding answers from the Counties Manukau District Health Board (DHB) after it failed to tell him about hospital buildings filled with rot and fungus.

Four buildings at Middlemore Hospital are facing bacteria or cladding issues.

The Kidz First building is one of the affected ones. Built in the year 2000, its exterior walls are now full of fungus and bacteria.

"I'm really shocked by it," said Manukau ward councillor Efeso Collins.

"We're sending sick kids from damp houses in south Auckland to a damp hospital - they're not going to be well there."

Kidz First is not the only the building to cause concern - the Manukau Superclinic has bacteria, fungus and rot in the walls. It's a similar story in the McIndoe building, while the Scott building has sub-standard cladding.

It's a problem the DHB has known about for years.

"They knew about the Scott building in 2012 and then there was more information that came to hand in 2015," Mr Collins said.

"To wait until 2018 to get active and finally do something about it and have no information out to the public is just not acceptable from the DHB."

Not even the Health Minister knew the extent of the problem.

"I'm going to have a frank conversation with the acting chair today to see what he has to say," David Clark said.

"I'm a little disappointed other building issues weren't raised with me when I was there."

The buildings were constructed at the height of the leaky building crisis. It is now known the DHB took the builder - Hawkins Construction - to court in 2012. They settled for an undisclosed amount.

Officials say repairs are now being prioritised, but stress the buildings will remain open.

The Counties Manukau DHB says the fungal growth presents no safety risk because it's in the walls. It says there's a barrier between where repair works are carried out and where the patients are.

This afternoon the Health Minister announced $11 million in funding to fix the Scott building, the one building he knew had problems.

He's made it clear the DHB is now on notice as it faces a repair bill in the tens of millions of dollars.‘

Guru

The Helen Clark government lost power in 2008.

Can you see hen these new facilities at Middlemore Hospital were built Daytr?

—————

New Clinical Services Block (Harley Gray Building)

A new five-storey clinical services block was formally opened in April 2014 at a cost of NZ$190 million. This includes: 14 new operating theatres, a 38-cot neonatal care unit, a 42-bed medical assessment unit, a 23-bed post-anaesthetic care unit, a 20-bed theatre admission and discharge unit, and a state-of-the-art central sterile supply department. The building was named after orthopaedic surgeon Harley Gray who was an orthopaedic surgeon at Middlemore until 2001 and was made a Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit in 2003.

Ko Awatea

The Ko Awatea Centre was built in 2011 at a cost of NZ$10 million with a mandate to lead an innovative approach to achieving sustainable, high-quality healthcare services. It was designed to be a hub of education, improvement and innovation to support health systems and public services – foremost to support Counties Manukau Health, but also locally, nationally and internationally. Ko Awatea is also a centre of education dedicated to meeting the needs of students, CMH staff and visitors through education, leadership and professional development. The name, Ko Awatea, means ‘first light'. The name was gifted from tangata whenua, indicative of the value that Maori place on Ko Awatea and its role in CMH.

Edmund Hillary Block

The Edmund Hillary Block is a six-storey in-patient building built in 2009 that added 240 in-patient beds, and 12,600m2 of space to the Middlemore Campus. It included: a 15-bed mental health services for older people ward, a 30 -bed plastics ward, 2 x 30 – bed surgical wards, 2 x 30 – bed medical wards, a 30-bed gastroenterology ward, a cardiac investigation unit, a medical short stay unit, a haematology day ward and clinic, allied health offices and gymnasium, a new staff cafeteria, and the clinical equipment pool and orthotics.

Guru

When you give directives to already cash strapped DHB's to save money there are going to be unintended issues.

Yet logan opposes the Health NZ reforms too, simply because labour did it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    When you give directives to already cash strapped DHB's to save money there are going to be unintended issues.

Yet logan opposes the Health NZ reforms too, simply because labour did it.
    You obviously can’t read, can’t comprehend the actual facts. You prefer Left wing fantasies to reality. .

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Who was responsible again?

The Labour government that was in power in 2000?

Manukau DHB?

Hawkins Construction?

David Clark?

You tell me.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/healt...buildings.html

Manukau DHB slammed for slow progress on rotting Middlemore Hospital buildings

22/03/2018

‘The Health Minister is demanding answers from the Counties Manukau District Health Board (DHB) after it failed to tell him about hospital buildings filled with rot and fungus.

Four buildings at Middlemore Hospital are facing bacteria or cladding issues.

The Kidz First building is one of the affected ones. Built in the year 2000, its exterior walls are now full of fungus and bacteria.

"I'm really shocked by it," said Manukau ward councillor Efeso Collins.

"We're sending sick kids from damp houses in south Auckland to a damp hospital - they're not going to be well there."

Kidz First is not the only the building to cause concern - the Manukau Superclinic has bacteria, fungus and rot in the walls. It's a similar story in the McIndoe building, while the Scott building has sub-standard cladding.

It's a problem the DHB has known about for years.

"They knew about the Scott building in 2012 and then there was more information that came to hand in 2015," Mr Collins said.

"To wait until 2018 to get active and finally do something about it and have no information out to the public is just not acceptable from the DHB."

Not even the Health Minister knew the extent of the problem.

"I'm going to have a frank conversation with the acting chair today to see what he has to say," David Clark said.

"I'm a little disappointed other building issues weren't raised with me when I was there."

The buildings were constructed at the height of the leaky building crisis. It is now known the DHB took the builder - Hawkins Construction - to court in 2012. They settled for an undisclosed amount.

Officials say repairs are now being prioritised, but stress the buildings will remain open.

The Counties Manukau DHB says the fungal growth presents no safety risk because it's in the walls. It says there's a barrier between where repair works are carried out and where the patients are.

This afternoon the Health Minister announced $11 million in funding to fix the Scott building, the one building he knew had problems.

He's made it clear the DHB is now on notice as it faces a repair bill in the tens of millions of dollars.‘
    Who was responsible for the changes in the building code that created one of the biggest liabilities NZ has ever faced?
    The leaky building crisis.
    An absolute disaster in inept policy change by the National Government that we are still paying for today.

The cost of the biggest cock up in NZ history is estimated between $23 - $47Bln!

Guru

Who was responsible for the changes in the building code that created one of the biggest liabilities NZ has ever faced?
    The leaky building crisis.
    An absolute disaster in inept policy change by the National Government that we are still paying for today.

The cost of the biggest cock up in NZ history is estimated between $23 - $47Bln!
    The ‘neutral’ guy spends all his time defending his Labour mates. Unbelievable. The ‘rotten’ buildings at Middlemore were built under a Labour government, PM Helen Clark had no issue with the building code.