sharetrader
Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Guru

More on TOP’s intense focus on Christchurch below. Interesting that the party literature refers to it as ‘our city’. I guess it is if you live there, not so much if you live in Whangarei or New Plymouth.

—————

‘What TOP proposes

We have a vision for a world-class Christchurch and Raf Manji wants to help deliver it.

Our investment proposals include:

A new South Island Cancer Center and Laboratory ($580m)
    A new Mental Health and Trauma Center ($20m)
    Shift to a Zero Emission Urban Bus Fleet by 2030 ($130m)
    Roading and Footpath Repair Fund ($70m)
    Hospital Car Parking ($30m)
    150 new Community Constables ($45m)
    10 new Police Kiosks ($5m)
    A new South Island Police Training College ($40m)
    Christchurch Cathedral and Arts Centre Repair Fund ($40m)
    A new Primary/Secondary School ($40m)

The Christchurch Pitch is all about making sure our city gets the attention - and investment - it needs and deserves.’

You just don't get it do you. It's not about TOP - it is the way you respond to people's posts, and immediately poo hoo anything they might raise about a party other than the one you support. I am currently still an "undecided" - we will see what the next two weeks bring. But Black Peter has raised some very good points in his last few posts, and I agree with him. It is time to do things differently, and find some decent alternatives to the status quo of politics in this country. This constant compromising and settling for a party that doesn't fully meet one's needs, purely to force a change in government, isn't working, and makes a bit of a mockery of the whole system. We should be voting for a party we like.​ Not just not-voting for one we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Good oh. I would have thought that was within the purview of Christchurch City Council. Differences of opinion are still allowed on this site I hope. Apologies for not pledging my undying allegiance to ‘TOP’.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    You just don't get it do you. It's not about TOP - it is the way you respond to people's posts, and immediately poo hoo anything they might raise about a party other than the one you support. I am currently still an "undecided" - we will see what the next two weeks bring. But Black Peter has raised some very good points in his last few posts, and I agree with him. It is time to do things differently, and find some decent alternatives to the status quo of politics in this country. This constant compromising and settling for a party that doesn't fully meet one's needs, purely to force a change in government, isn't working, and makes a bit of a mockery of the whole system. We should be voting for a party we like.​ Not just not-voting for one we don't.
    I’m not ‘poo hooing’ anything, I’ve provided more actual information about ‘TOP’ than has been conveyed in weeks. I’m someone who actually does the research & debunks the myths. You can state all you like that there is definitely no pork barrelling going on & you can keep your rose-tinted glasses on if you like, I have no issue with it. Fair enough that you’d quite like to vote for something ‘newish’.
    Last edited by Logen Ninefingers; 26-09-2023 at 04:15 PM.

Banned

I’m not ‘poo hooing’ anything, I’ve provided more actual information about ‘TOP’ than has been conveyed in weeks. I’m someone who actually does the research & debunks the myths. You can state all you like that there is definitely no pork barrelling going on & you can keep your rose-tinted glasses on if you like, I have no issue with it.
    You're kind of both right. There is a bit of pork-barrel going on. But we do have constituencies, and someone running in one can back things of note for that constituency.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    You're kind of both right. There is a bit of pork-barrel going on. But we do have constituencies, and someone running in one can back things of note for that constituency.
    Yeah, no doubt about that. Although Manji is the party leader & he is the one proposing to shower $1 Billion of taxpayer funds on his home patch. I wonder if ‘TOP’ got over the threshold whether ‘The Christchurch Plan’ would be their bottom line in any coalition negotiations?
    Last edited by Logen Ninefingers; 26-09-2023 at 04:24 PM.

Banned

Yeah, no doubt about that. Although Manji is the party leader & he is the one proposing to shower $1 Billion of taxpayer funds on his home patch. I wonder if ‘TOP’ got over the threshold whether ‘The Christchurch Plan’ would be their bottom line in any coalition negotiations?
    They should change the name of the party to "Christchurch First"!

OK - lets talk regional funding from parties.

I remember NZ First pulling billions into their regional (koha) development fund - mainly spent for their clientel - and not a lot of that of any use for the greater NZ public. Do you remember that as well?

I don't know how much Labour wasted for absolutely pointless projects (cycle bridge, light rail, ...) in Auckland, but it must by now reach already several hundred millions - and absolutely nothing to show for it but empty pockets.

Nationals pledge card contains the roads of significance. I'd encourage you to add up how much of that would be for Auckland. A second motorway I heard. Easy more than a billion I'd say - how is this right?

OK - not sure about ACT, but I reccon since David is looking after the superrich in Auckland, they probably told him that they have already everything they need in their rich enclave and only want to pay less taxes to avoid others getting a similar flash environment. So - Davids gift to the country is austerity for everybody but the superrich ... ah yes, and semi automatic guns for whoever wants them. Just what the doctor prescribed. Really?

So - what again is wrong with TOP proposing a plan to fix Christchurch? The wounds of the Earthquake are still wide open - building fences in too many places (just to prevent people from falling into the ditches, no work done), rough car parks where once buildings used to stand and one of the two cathedrals fixed maybe in 2030 and the other gone). BTW - it was National responsible for running this pathetic repair job. 12 years down the track and still so much damage unrepaired. Do they care? Of course not.

But hey, thanks for reminding us. I guess just thinking back at Nationals failure after the Christchurch earthquakes should take more votes from National and their right wing appendix ACT. Good idea.

Just facts - and you brought that up. TOP seems to be the only party not just caring for the Superrich (like ACT) or for Aucklands motorways (like National), but they care as well for NZ's second largst city: Christchurch. Good on them, they do see where the real need is.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 26-09-2023 at 06:17 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    OK - lets talk regional funding from parties.

I remember NZ First pulling billions into their regional (koha) development fund - mainly spent for their clientel - and not a lot of that of any use for the greater NZ public. Do you remember that as well?

I don't know how much Labour wasted for absolutely pointless projects (cycle bridge, light rail, ...) in Auckland, but it must by now reach already several hundred millions - and absolutely nothing to show for it but empty pockets.

Nationals pledge card contains the roads of significance. I'd encourage you to add up how much of that would be for Auckland. A second motorway I heard. Easy more than a billion I'd say - how is this right?

OK - not sure about ACT, but I reccon since David is looking after the superrich in Auckland, they probably told him that they have already everything they need in their rich enclave and only want to pay less taxes to avoid others getting a similar flash environment. So - Davids gift to the country is austerity for everybody but the superrich ... ah yes, and semi automatic guns for whoever wants them. Just what the doctor prescribed. Really?

So - what again is wrong with TOP proposing a plan to fix Christchurch? The wounds of the Earthquake are still wide open - building fences in too many places (just to prevent people from falling into the ditches, no work done), rough car parks where once buildings used to stand and one of the two cathedrals fixed maybe in 2030 and the other gone). BTW - it was National responsible for running this pathetic repair job. 12 years down the track and still so much damage unrepaired. Do they care? Of course not.

But hey, thanks for reminding us. I guess just thinking back at Nationals failure after the Christchurch earthquakes should take more votes from National and their right wing appendix ACT. Good idea.

Just facts - and you brought that up. TOP seems to be the only party not just caring for the Superrich (like ACT) or for Aucklands motorways (like National), but they care as well for NZ's second largst city: Christchurch. Good on them, they do see where the real need is.
    You are going out if your way to defend ‘TOP’ over the Christchurch based Manji’s key policy of showering Christchurch with $1 Billion of taxpayer funds, and good on you for doing so. Maybe they will get over the threshold, who knows.

You are going out if your way to defend ‘TOP’ over the Christchurch based Manji’s key policy of showering Christchurch with $1 Billion of taxpayer funds, and good on you for doing so. Maybe they will get over the threshold, who knows.
    All good. Just one thing - it is not Manji's key policy, but it is one out of eight key policies ... and as far as I see are the other seven policies applicable for the whole country.

Are we blaming him next for TOP's policy to invest more into New Zealand's youth? Not good for the elderlies, is it?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Membaa

A terrific outcome for TOP would be Manji winning the electorate and getting a seat in parliament, then National/Act only needing one extra seat to govern, anointing TOP on confidence and supply, giving NZ First the bird. Shades of Peter Dunne.

Lol, I'd buy popcorn and a beer to see that happen.