Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
The original claims were that Kiwibuild alone would do 100,000. 10,000 per year.

They changed the story as it became pretty clear that they would never be able to deliver anything like those kind of promises. It became reputation preservation and the comms teams got a lot bigger to handle the job rather than delivery teams.
Exactly what happened.

I had several interactions with two of the KB managers (for Auckland North Shore) when they were actively seeking out developers to build with/for them. They were accompanied by an analyst & a junior officer - to gather data?

Dealing with them was a nightmare as their brief kept changing - first they wanted as many 3 bedrooms as possible. Then, they wanted more 2 bedrooms. Then, they reverted back to 3 bedrooms or more!

I got the impression that they were simply following the edicts from Head Office with no real authority save to scope out the market. That could be one reason why they employed so many staff? Correct me if I am incorrect in my assumption.

We gave up and the development in Murrays Bay went ahead privately - did okay although the delay cost penalty interest at one stage at the end of 2% per month for 3 months! Luckily property prices were rocketing ahead so the return was still very good. Thank goodness the development did not go ahead with KB!!!!