sharetrader
Page 305 of 346 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 3454

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    You realise it is only defamation if what Winnie said is untrue yeah? The fact Bob has sent Winnie a letter at this stage means nothing.

We must wait and see if anything comes of this. If it goes to court and Winnie is found to have defamed him…that will be a serious matter indeed.

In the meantime, we have confirmed bad behaviour from Genter (I guess we we used to bad behaviour from the Greens now). And the original point being made was that you kick started yesterday with a strong rebuke of Winnie’s ALLEGED defamatory remarks… but were planning to stay quiet about Genter.
    Oh for gawd's sake.
    Where did I say it was confirmed defamation?
    Seriously, your reading skills certainly aren't improving.

The defamation suit is only one part of it. What is probably more serious is Peter's speech on AUKUS that he is having to back track on & the reason why he went on the attack in the RNZ interview and lost the plot by accusing Bob Carr of being on China's payroll.

I really don't care about Genter. She is inconsequential. This is also not the Green's thread.

The DPM & Foreign Minister botching a speech on a potential major military alliance & then accusing a respected Australian political figure of basically being corrupt, is very serious.
    Luxon must be trying to find hair to pullout.

You say you're not here to defend Peters.
    Wow if it smells like BS, it probably is BS.

Rightly so the Peter's international issue is heading the news. Plenty of coverage of Genter for the Muppets who are easily distracted as well. What a balanced media we have.

Coverage for the politically engaged and those who are more into soap operas.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Plenty of coverage of Genter for the Muppets who are easily distracted as well. What a balanced media we have.

Coverage for the politically engaged and those who are more into soap operas.
    One rule for females and one rule for males when it comes to unacceptable bullying and threatening behaviour.

Precisely the sort of garbage response and excuse to be expected from the woke leftists like Daytr.

Exactly the same BS which allowed Clueless Cindy to behaved as she did - lying to NZers and doing a runner when she was found out.

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/...-throw-at-her/

I cannot believe already there have been texts this morning saying, oh, come on, it’s fake news, you know. Bigger things to worry about. I don't think so. What is it about Transport Committee hearings that excites so much passion? Because that's what happened with Van de Molen and Halbert. And the last one, it was a transport committee. And here we had Simeon Brown answering questions from the floor.

I don't know how much the Debbie Francis review into bullying in Parliament cost, but it doesn't seem to have improved matters much, does it? Julie Anne Genter deserves all the censure Parliament can throw at her, as would any MP of any hue who behaved in that fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Winston called Carr a ‘Chinese puppet’ which is okay in the context of one politician criticising another. But to call someone who makes his living (post politics) as a promoter of Australian China trade a ‘puppet’ is serious defamation (if he is not) so I believe we will see this follow through in court. And let the court decide if that happens.

Genter is an entirely different matter indeed - guilty as sin because she did it in front of everyone in Parliament! And she made a non apology to try and get out of the bullying behaviour. And she has not turned up in Parliament to do her job but is on full pay!!! That’s Golriz, Tana and now Genter - suspended or MIA on full pay! WTF is going on?
    Nope Peters said something along the lines of that Carr was on the Chinese Payroll as well as being a Chinese puppet.
    That is what Carr is claiming defamation on.

This part has been removed from the interview due to the claim of defamation. I heard it live, but when I just played it back it was missing.
    But then I saw that section has been removed for legal reasons.

See below.
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/515826/winston-peters-receives-legal-letter-from-bob-carr-after-defamation-threat
    Last edited by Daytr; 03-05-2024 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Imagine an American diplomat coming here and calling a former NZ PM or senior minister the things winston has said.

All for a few cheap points on a sean plunket youtube video /podcast, ie the peanut gallery.

You want peanut gallery, What about the constant nightly left bias on tvnz news. 24/7 BS. Fortunately their days are numbered.

Nope Peters said something along the lines of that Carr was on the Chinese Payroll as well as being a Chinese puppet.
    That is what Carr is claiming defamation on.

This part has been removed from the interview due to the claim of defamation. I heard it live, but when I just played it back it was missing.
    But then I saw that section has been removed for legal reasons.

See below.
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...amation-threat
    Fair enough and as I have already posted, let the courts decide if the case goes ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Fair enough and as I have already posted, let the courts decide if the case goes ahead.
    Well I'm sure they will and a huge amount of negative publicity for NZ will follow being it our DPM & Foreign Minister the one litigated against. This could see Peter's forced to resign as Foreign Minister at least.

Unless of course Peter's succeeds in doing the smart thing and issues a public apology and manages to convince Carr of dropping the suit.

But Carr is a man of principle and was a very good NSW Premiere, he was in power when I lived there. So he may just decide he wants his day in court.

But according to some on here, the Genter issue is a much bigger thing. 🤣🤣🤣
    How do they post such a ridiculous comparison and be taken seriously?
    Well I know why, but I don't want to add insult to those who are already clearly challenged.
    Last edited by Daytr; 03-05-2024 at 09:10 AM.

Guru

Well I'm sure they will and a huge amount of negative publicity for NZ will follow being it our DPM & Foreign Minister the one litigated against. This could see Peter's forced to resign as Foreign Minister at least.

Unless of course Peter's succeeds in doing the smart thing and issues a public apology and manages to convince Carr of dropping the suit.

But Carr is a man of principle and was a very good NSW Premiere, he was in power when I lived there. So he may just decide he wants his day in court.

But according to some on here, the Genter issue is a much bigger thing. 藍藍藍
    How do they post such a ridiculous comparison and be taken seriously?
    Well I know why, but I don't want to add insult to those who are already clearly challenged.
    You can insult as many people as you like, you have still not said anything to indicates you are not biased.

If Winnie has defamed Bob, then I hope Bob goes all the way. There will be serious consequences for Winnie if it goes all the way the the court finds for Bob.

I know that you think an allegation of defamation is worse than a MP crossing the floor and abusing a fellow Parlimentarian. But I do not share that opinion.

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...AWMESQW6RZBNQ/

Maiki on her hysterical performance over 'that poll'.

“It’s been a big and interesting week,” Sherman told Media Insider from the Parliamentary press gallery yesterday.She was aware there had been a lot of feedback but had not been able to fully engage with it all because of a hectic workload.
    “Every day has been super busy and I’ve been dealing with a lot of things other than that issue which, honestly, I didn’t quite understand. I appreciate the feedback but I was surprised at the level of enthusiasm and criticism that people had towards the way that I presented the poll.”
    Sherman says she is always listening to her viewers.

“Because I care so deeply about doing a good job and taking the entire audience along with me and securing their trust, I am always open to feedback.
    “I’ll be open to tweaking the way that I may present a poll, but not completely. I don’t want to lose my own style and my own flair and what I bring to this role.
    “While I’ll take feedback on, genuinely, I’ll be the decider of where it lands at the end of the day.”
    You see, I just want 'the news'... not for Maiki or anyone to take me along with her.

And, if she keeps up this sensationalist and biased reporting... she will not be the decider of where anything lands. Lose enough eyeballs, and she will be told to tone it down.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    You can insult as many people as you like, you have still not said anything to indicates you are not biased.

If Winnie has defamed Bob, then I hope Bob goes all the way. There will be serious consequences for Winnie if it goes all the way the the court finds for Bob.

I know that you think an allegation of defamation is worse than a MP crossing the floor and abusing a fellow Parlimentarian. But I do not share that opinion.
    Biased about what?
    Me not caring about what Genter did, for anyone with blinkers off, may indicate I don't consider her important enough to make a big issue of.
    As I said I just don't care.

Issue of the day by local yokels.
    Woman waves booklet in man's face!
    Ohhhh, shock horror.

Each to their own opinion of course not matter how ridiculous.
    But please by all means keep doubling down on your idiocy.

DPM & Foreign Minister fluffs lines on the biggest Foreign Policy reset in 40 years & insults high profile Australian ex Foreign Minister at the same time.
    I wonder how much coverage of Genter is covered overseas? 🤣🤣🤣

Fish in a barrel I tell ya.

Guru

Biased about what?
    Me not caring about what Genter did, for anyone with blinkers off, may indicate I don't consider her important enough to make a big issue of.
    As I said I just don't care.
    Yes, we get it. You only care about negative news when it is applicable to the current government.