sharetrader
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

The more I read of her the worse she gets. As much as I like Wellington i'm glad I don't live there. She thinks criticism of her for not only turning up to Airport board meetings but her lack of attendance in general council business, and her drunkenness, is because she's a Maori women! When are these people going own their own fallibilities and not blame everyone else. I can see why she has the lowest approval rating of all mayors in the country - its because she's useless and not "gendered" criticism. Wellingtonians only have themselves to blame.

Legend

https://www.gw.govt.nz/your-council/...vities/listen/

Greater Wellington - is this a part of WCC ?

Have they had a listen to what's going on at the Mayor's desk or too busy going bush ?

Guru

"The local councils (territorial authorities) in the Wellington Region collect rates on our behalf. While we set and assess regional council rates, your local council will invoice and collect our rates."
    https://www.gw.govt.nz/your-region/y...collect-rates/

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/wellin...CS7YIHFJTTJRA/

Wellington Mayor Tory Whanau reveals ADHD diagnosis with ‘significant traits of autism’

Whanau said she was diagnosed in April after working with a therapist and it has impacted her job “in a positive sense”.

After going sober, Whanau said “traits of autism started appearing a lot more” and ADHD symptoms like hyperfocus were more prevalent in her work.

“For many people who have ADHD, alcohol use disorder is also part of that,” she said.

Time for a few more drinks .. or something else to keep things at bay ?

Since receiving the diagnosis, Whanau has worked with her office to make changes to her work arrangements, including “front-loading” her day so as to put more challenging tasks at the beginning of the day when her energy is at its greatest, and incorporating more time for rest.

“Meetings are kept to 30 minutes and people need to get to the point right away, and we ensure that I get lots of rest - exhaustion is a very common symptom of ADHD.

“I’ve made officers and [some] councillors aware of this so that we can ensure that time is well-utilised. We now know that what [previously could] be achieved in an hour can actually be achieved in 15 minutes.”

Fancy .. this didn't stop the partying up hard previously

Certainly a worry to all those Welly Ratepayers parked on the end of the Council Syphoning straw - Tory

Time for another Green Bike rider around Welly to spill her diagnosis on why she loses the plot so easily too now ?
    Last edited by nztx; 07-06-2024 at 11:33 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/wellin...CS7YIHFJTTJRA/

Wellington Mayor Tory Whanau reveals ADHD diagnosis with ‘significant traits of autism’

Time for a few more drinks .. or something else to keep things at bay ?

Fancy .. this didn't stop the partying up hard previously

Certainly a worry to all those Welly Ratepayers parked on the end of the Council Syphoning straw - Tory

Time for another Green Bike rider around Welly to spill her diagnosis on why she loses the plot so easily too now ?
    All I read there is that she is just "a lazy bitch"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Going for the ADHD angle…one of the few cards she had to play lol.

Anyway now she can legitimately slack off more and have quick meetings and fewer of them.

And if any of you pr1cks protest…well the woman is mentally unwell you horrid bunch!

Nice try Tory. The sooner Wellingtonians can vote for a new Mayor the better.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Having seen people close to me diagnosed and subsequently medicated for ADHD, it is truly life changing after decades of life not seeming right. Her comments resonate with what I've seen, and I know it's an extremely common but very under diagnosed issue. Good to see she has been diagnosed and taken some steps, hopefully including medication.

If that paragraph is too complicated for you, how about "all I read there is he(?) is just an ignorant prick".

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Going for the ADHD angle…one of the few cards she had to play lol.

Anyway now she can legitimately slack off more and have quick meetings and fewer of them.

And if any of you pr1cks protest…well the woman is mentally unwell you horrid bunch!

Nice try Tory. The sooner Wellingtonians can vote for a new Mayor the better.

How, why.. WTF were voters thinking when that piece work was voted for mayor. Welingtonions deserve this outcome.
    Last edited by ynot; 07-06-2024 at 04:36 PM.

I was diagnosed adhd earlier this year, I wasn’t useless before that and didn’t need the world around me to change to suit my needs afterwards either.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    I was diagnosed adhd earlier this year, I wasn’t useless before that and didn’t need the world around me to change to suit my needs afterwards either.
    Well that's fantastic. Has much changed since your diagnosis? My wife was diagnosed a little over a year ago and the difference with medication is night and day. She certainly had exhaustion, focus and motivation issues previously. Plus, she knows others with recent diagnoses that are on double or triple the dose my wife receives - imagine how bad it must have been for them to live unmedicated.

I have a friend at work who caught Covid a few months back and has struggled to get back his fitness - it really hit him hard. Meanwhile my Covid experience was a day feeling rotten and then back to normal. I'm not sure he'd be that interested to hear that I was just fine, or the implication that he is milking it or whining.

Honestly, the things that are being complained about here and pretty simple time management measures which I've heard plenty of times before - front load difficult tasks and keep meetings focused. No drama unless you're looking for it.