sharetrader
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

A volatile week this time but the market ended down 0.45% when the dust settled. Confessions begin in earnest next week so will the tide finally turn? Green shoots are needed but not much market sunshine recently so it may be that spring is still too far away. Does anyone actually have any readies to buy with and if they have are they feeling brave enough?

Rather surprisingly slightly more are in positive territory, albeit just 42 hardy souls so the attrition rate remains severe. Wilson has finally reached nirvana, in 10th, while Paint it Black has edged into 3rd, moose remains prominant and Exec has returned to the fold in 7th. The two leaders are in a race of their own.

Gold medal goes to clip, up 21 places, with Marbo4, 4jk and Aquaman in close attendance. On the downside Sylvor has entered the dreaded relegation zone along with ralph and bulltrap. Wooden spoon goes to Seadog, down 29 places with Dlownz down 27 in runnerup spot. Once again I contended strongly but was nosed into third. RAK resurrected briefly but soon retreated. I and no doubt a few others still have fingers crossed. And RYM gave hope to some but then fell sharply again.

The next two weeks will have a fascination for most forum members as many listed entities report. And Nicola's budget gets ever closer to a full reveal, as not everything gets announced beforehand. But will the surprises be for or against Mr Market? Who knows!

I can't resist giving a quick shoutout to Rocketman and rocketboy, both living up to their names with the former up 36 places this week to 65th and rocketboy up 21 places to 9th on the ladder.

I looked more closely and see that both include THL, EBO and GTK in their picks so that confirms there is a family resemblance. Of course THL is currently a deadweight on their performance but that could change as we get closer to year end.

An interesting week so far with quite a few companies reporting, and mixed receptions. OCA will have many forum members online tomorrow waiting with bated breath for that announcement. I am inclined to think I will enjoy posting my usual Friday roundup this time.

An exciting week, even if not to everyone's benefit, with the market up 0.7% and now at a very marginal 0.1% for the year albeit better off than most competitors.

After work Friday drinks at Forsyth Barr are going down well this evening, as they now lead the professional race up 2.07% overall after being -3.57% only two weeks ago! And Rawz admitted on the 2CC thread today that he is on the beers tonight as well after an excellent result for that stock which has underpinned his return to the Top 10 at 8.50% on the ladder and no doubt as a happy holder too.

Carrom74 has laid down the gauntlet to Waiuta by challenging strongly for second, while Kennedy, Aquaman and rocketboy launched into the Top 10 at the expense of some less fortunate who dropped out. c00ps is almost there in 11th. But the Gold medal this week goes to SUBURBAN ACCOUNTANT, up 39 places to 87th despite once being 152nd not that long ago, with Rocketman and Karenski in hot contention but filling the minor podium positions.2CC and GTK are one driving force behind such achievement

The dreaded wooden spoon has gone to Rupert Bear who has fallen somewhat from grace, with iceman probably eternally grateful for just missing getting the nod.

Did anyone seriously consider in January that FBU would be available to be had at $3 and do you even want it now? And then there is the rise and rise of ATM - O to have picked that for the 2024 competition, not to mention your portfolio.

Next week wraps up the 31 March results reporting, but that includes some vital calls. Rawz and I have fingers crossed for TWR - do you?
    Last edited by ronaldson; 24-05-2024 at 07:59 PM.

With respect ..who are you....a share broker.
    Like having drinks with FB.
    Sorry...I just dont get it.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    With respect ..who are you....a share broker.
    Like having drinks with FB.
    Sorry...I just dont get it.
    I quite enjoy ronaldson’s summaries. He didn’t say he would be at the Friday night drinks at FB. Have another read of his post 😀

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I quite enjoy ronaldson’s summaries. He didn’t say he would be at the Friday night drinks at FB. Have another read of his post ��

Me too .. in behind - our good friend Troy .. as Fred used to yell to the Trev's

Don't stop your postings - Ronaldson
    Last edited by nztx; 25-05-2024 at 07:09 PM.

Please keep on with the commentary Ronaldson. I really enjoy your updates on this thread-makes it a little more interesting.
    That being said, I also enjoy your general posts.

Another week gone. Nicola didn't move the dial with Budget 2024 yesterday but the long term electricity supply arrangements for Tiwai point announced today certainly put a rocket under the index, up 2.68% for the day and rectifying the count so that the week actually ended up 0.75% overall after a fairly dismal start. Not surprisingly Meridian, Mercury and Contact were big winners and the gold dust rubbed off on SouthPort too. The Government could do with that economic sunshine, but A2 Milk and the listed property companies were also up sharply and downside was muted for others.

At the top of the ladder What the Stock is unassailable, but Carrom74 has got within 1% of Waiutu who had previously looked a certainty for runner up. I had high hopes for the Gold Medal this week but Borneo came with a rush, up 33 places to my 30, with dlownz taking Bronze up 29. Rocketman, after a stellar previous week, wilted significantly this time to take the woodenspoon, retreating 22 places to just nudge out Tomtom for the ''honour".

A short week next time with the KB Monday holiday. Will the positive momentum be maintained from here? The reporting season for y/e 31 March is over. Maybe the market will decide the confessions could have been worse. Dairy is recovering a little and the Governments "fast track" proposals may yet yield some early winners. We will have to wait and see. The competition is not even half over yet so much could still happen to your picks.

Travel safely if you are among those on the move for the holiday weekend. I go to Melbourne on Tuesday for ten days so my contributions may be limited during that time.