sharetrader
Page 737 of 738 FirstFirst ... 237637687727733734735736737738 LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,370 of 7376
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Should have happened long ago. Perhaps now WHS will be investable.

[x] TheMarket - closed
    [x] Torperdo7 - sold
    [x] CEO - gone

Although you have to wonder about the capabilities of the board letting him hang around so long... and also taking so darn long to close TheMarket!

And what does that leave - I would say the remaining business units are under multiple pressures

Going to take a h3ll of an effort to pull this one out of the ditch and come up roses pleasing everyone in current economic environment.

Is Tindall still around ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    And what does that leave - I would say the remaining business units are under multiple pressures

Going to take a h3ll of an effort to pull this one out of the ditch and come up roses pleasing everyone in current economic environment.

Is Tindall still around ?
    I think that they are a buy sub $1-00 ( sub for safety ! ).

percy

I was talking to a couple of friends who are gardeners.
    Garden centres at WHS are too far away from the car park to be bothered carting compose or bags of potting mix,compared with Mitre10.
    However buying shrubs and small trees you really do get a bargain,as their stock is so slow selling ,you can buy a two year old tree/shrub for the same price you would pay at a garden centre for a one year old tree/shrub.

Advanced Member

Friday arvo sacking. Crikey!

Guru

New strategy - Kmart with a garden centre ?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I was talking to a couple of friends who are gardeners.
    Garden centres at WHS are too far away from the car park to be bothered carting compose or bags of potting mix,compared with Mitre10.
    However buying shrubs and small trees you really do get a bargain,as their stock is so slow selling ,you can buy a two year old tree/shrub for the same price you would pay at a garden centre for a one year old tree/shrub.
    The shrubs at our local WHS wouldn’t last 2 years let alone 1 ……things never seen to get watered regularly
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The shrubs at our local WHS wouldn’t last 2 years let alone 1 ……things never seen to get watered regularly
    I believe you...lol

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Cripes -- what do all those 10,000 of bods on board do all day then ?

Deleted. Old news!

$1.09 sp ~$375m market cap. ~$3B of continuing sales. Little to no debt. Might be able to make $50m after tax in near term and pay out most of it? Is all the bad news fully priced in now or do people think is ultimately a doomed business? Seeming like it is priced by market with a moderate chance of failure?

I would love to see a new CEO appointed on a back to retailing basics agenda, could start with improving the lighting in stores get away from horrible cold/blue lights, and with cleaning up the shoddy entrances - currently generally untidy with rubbish around and air of neglect. Then focus on mechandising, stock turn and sharpening up the loyalty scheme offer.

Disc - no holding