Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
STU from $2.50 to $3.00 in a week on lightish volume. Well above the MA100 now. It still appears to me to be in a mid/long term downtrend with a possible short term break out. Any wiser (than my own) TA thoughts?
There is not much that can be added to your comments, YK. You have covered the important facts such as the low volume - today's big rise to $3 was on just 1911 shares, for example.
I have not plotted my usual raft of supplementary indicators on this chart because STU is in a consolidation zone and in such circumstances trend indicators just give a series of contradictory signals. The 100 ma cross you mention has no significance - price action has risen above it 6 times so far during the course of this wide trading range.
For STU to break its longterm (4 year) downtrend, the shareprice would need to go above the Resistance at $3.80. That is well above current price action and would mean a fairly late entry. The break of the current confirmed short-term trendline would make for a more timely signal for those wanting to buy.
I would see a retreat to the support at $2.50 as a buying opportunity.

The break of the 5 year uptrend gave a timely trendline-break Sell signal, getting you out of STU before you gave a lot of profits back to the market. A nice example of why a staunch "buy and hold" approach is a bad idea!