sharetrader
Page 7 of 116 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Canstock View Post
    I just wanted to say thanks for all the information you guys post. It really helps me stay in touch with what's going on with GEL. I have owned GEL for about a year now, and am eagerly awaiting news.

Greetings from Canada
    Welcome to the forum Canstock
    We're hoping you'll be able to give us some insights from your side of the world! There's probably a bit more traffic over there on Stockhouse generally: this site might get under 100 postings a day but quite a lot more are 'just looking thanks'..

I see still no press release overnight , but maybe it's just a few hours away now. Possibly the last few bargain GEL shares are sitting over there on the TSX, but the total volume for sale is about 300k (Normally over 1mill). So we're all just waiting at the moment.

Maybe some of the FA gurus on this forum could post us an idea of what valuation technique you can use on a company like GEL, some scenarios perhaps - or we could just fabricate a press release -

Regards,

Legend

Default Could be a late night!

As the last GEL press release was on a Wednesday, and timed just before the start of trading on the TSX (9.36 ET), I'm going to bet one can of beer (cold) that the email from Canada will reach NZ at about 1.30 am tonight, NZT
    Last edited by elZorro; 12-08-2009 at 06:49 PM.

el I'm not a betting man! HaHaHa!But I'll join you in a tipple.Can you believe they serve Guinness cold here now.So much for the Celtic tiger.
    P.S.The IMF has said Ireland faces stresses greater than those of any other advanced economy.I'd have to toast the NZX and ASX to helping me put food on the table.And also all you guys for your invaluable forum.Slainte

Well Zorro - it is 8:46am now, despite what the clock on this site says, and I did not get rich overnight - sigh! And it is now 4:46pm in Toronto.

Mine's a Heineken please.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Well Zorro - it is 8:46am now, despite what the clock on this site says, and I did not get rich overnight - sigh! And it is now 4:46pm in Toronto.

Mine's a Heineken please.
    Morning Timo and Cannibal, sorry my powers of prediction are not so good at the moment! So for another day at least, we have to put in an appearance at work. I owe you both a beer! I think I should be able to get a package to Wellington cold no problem Cannibal. Timo - might be an issue .

But, if Peter Liddle is true to his word, there will be a press release tonight most likely.

No worries el.Found a couple of over 20 yr old bottles of whisky in the my deceased father inlaws shed the other day!

Is that whisky or whiskey? Slainte!

Yankiwi posted this last week

I also sent an email to GEL today, asking when a market announcement could be
    expected.

The rapid reply from Peter Liddle "Next week"

If he wants to meet that deadline he is leaving it late - especially if he prefers to announce on the TSX first.

Up 10% on the TSX overnight with volume of 500k+

Question Assay Results?

Hey there from a new GEL holder. What results are you expecting this week?
    It is great to see so many comments on this company. Not much on the Toronto
    boards.
    N

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ngao View Post
    Hey there from a new GEL holder. What results are you expecting this week?
    It is great to see so many comments on this company. Not much on the Toronto boards.
    N
    Hi there everybody, I have just phoned Peter Liddle in Auckland, who was quite relaxed but had to admit that they've probably missed the deadline for a press release this week. He is waiting for some data from somebody, and has put pressure on them to deliver that, but it's not done yet.

I did not discuss the contents of the press release (that would not be on).
    But he seemed calm and unworried..

Cheers,