sharetrader
Page 10 of 229 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: All Ords Index.

Guru

Hi Phaedrus
    Hmmm...just a query..It looks like your chart is Tuesdays chart not yesterdays chart ..your chart has the All Ords I presume at 4913.... Did yesterdays drop to close at 4854 changed your MSI chart colour to grey?

Thanks for the input there Phaedrus.

Here is my 2 bobs worth short term. Back to support at 4,862, perhaps a bounce and then up to maybe test the previous runs high, though at some stage I believe the problems will come at 5,170 + or - 35

Well, thats my crystal ball stuff done for the day :P

Advanced Member

Default Updated Chart

Whoops! My mistake. Sort of. I reckon the blame really lies with my dopey data supplier (Infoscan). It's bad enough that they run a day late with their AllOrds data, but far worse than that, when you do get it, the date embedded with the AllOrds data is always one day later than it should be. (ie the date supplied does not match the datapoint). I forgot to correct for this. Anyhow, here is the updated chart. Well spotted, Hoop!

Phaedrus - Thnaks for that.
    I did not know that re the All Ords. How do you correct it in Metastock, as I too get my EOD data from them.
    Another question re their data, don't they say it has ben corrected for dividends splits etc etc, but it does not seem to be unless do I have to down load the data maually from time to time.
    I use Oneclick to download and update the data each night.
    Thanks again

Advanced Member

If you want an up-to-date chart of the AllOrds, you have to utilise the "Downloader" and manually key in the latest figure, using the next days date.

Infoscan data is not corrected for dividends, splits, capital repayments etc. You can do that yourself if you want to, again by using the "Downloader" MetaStock utility. There is usually a very obvious "step" in the chart when you need to do this.

Which exact stocks are you holding KW, you must have bought in in the turbulent times surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    If you want an up-to-date chart of the AllOrds, you have to utilise the "Downloader" and manually key in the latest figure, using the next days date.

Infoscan data is not corrected for dividends, splits, capital repayments etc. You can do that yourself if you want to, again by using the "Downloader" MetaStock utility. There is usually a very obvious "step" in the chart when you need to do this.
    Thanks Phaedrus

Thought I read somewhere the data was suppose to be corrected, but I have make the corrections myself when necessary

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Hey Drillfix, I entered this year with a firm focus on fundamentals. I had a hunch the market would be volatile and go sideways, and rather than be right out of it, I wanted a portfolio that would weather any storms. Mostly technology and telecommunications, followed by property, and a couple of recruiters. I have no financials or mining shares. Top stocks in order are AMM, DTL, TPM, WEB, SMX, CDA, CPU. Very boring in the context of sharetrader I know!
    If boring makes money, it's not really that boring is it?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Thought I read somewhere that Infoscan data was supposed to be corrected
    You did - on their website :- "Data is fully adjusted for events such as share splits etc." I do not use "Oneclick" as you do and am unaware of its functionality, but I can assure you that Infoscan NZSX data as supplied to me is definitely NOT adjusted. Here are a couple of examples. Because I don't follow either of these stocks, I have not bothered to adjust them. Take a quick look at your charts of these two and you will be able to immediately tell whether your data is adjusted or not.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Yeah, but I have nobody to talk to about them on sharetrader :-( So I'm bored!
    I allways listen to you.Brought AMM after your post and sold IRI which you and Lizard warned me about.I find it very hard to find good Aussie companies to follow.PE usually too high and yield without NZ tax credits too low.So your posts are keenly followed.