I can't remember posting or seeing this article from December last year. http://www.nzpam.govt.nz/cms/news/20...ass earth 2011

Newmont is rather secretive and low-key about new exploration. Glen Grindlay is mentioning that standalone exploration areas need to have a potential of 2-3 Moz of gold. If you total up all the areas they have left very near Waihi, it's not great. The WKP joint venture is surely a good medium term bet, and GEL has mentioned the figure of a possible 3-5Moz before, regarding the WKP area. So here we are, waiting for the imminent news on assays from drill WKP30. We have not been told that more drills are going on at the moment, but it would be Newmont running those, maybe they have some other use for the few rigs that might be available. Access at WKP is not good either.

Glass Earth must produce a quarterly report before the end of the month. I have watched the website carefully, I can't see any new data going in there, can't see any action at NZPAM regarding permits, no news articles, so I'm just keeping a wary eye on the gold price. Looks like gold is about to move up again, which is good for the fortunes of Newmont. In turn, GEL should again do well in 2012. They have certainly done well this year.