sharetrader

Threaded View

Permanent Newbie

Rabos call account is doing OK.

Well over two years waiting for the imminent crash of financial markets. Looks like central banks won't allow deflation and with >$2 petrol cash will probably be trash again.

I am starting to think that the crash won't come and that the central banks will win and inflate away everyones debt. Feeling silly holding cash and saving but am not yet tempted to buy after reading Jim Rogers, Marc Faber. But with inflation we could in effect have a crash if asset prices stay the same while everything else goes up to justify their valuations.

I have made some small speculative buys of small near term producing gold miners and sitting on some sizeable losses(still optimistic re PMs in spite of Skols now famous certainty of an imminent PM wipeout). Am being patient on the crash as I will give it to the end of 2013 before giving up on waiting.

What does everyone else think. Borrow as cash will be trash and interest rates are low?

P.S. I wouldn't borrow for speculative stocks, that is money I can cope with losing. I would borrow against blue chips or infrastructure and utilities. (my leverage plus their leverage means inflation good as long as interest rates don't suddenly go up and govt regulation allows for inflation adjustments)
    Last edited by Aaron; 23-08-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: clarification