sharetrader
Page 232 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1321822222282292302312322332342352362422823327321232 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 16077
    Guru

Scandals can effect any party. Labour probably thought they had Len Brown in order too.

KDC is interesting. In theory he is a capitalist so his policies are likely to be to the right of centre but his hatred for Key will probably leave his party in the cross benches should he get over 5% (very unlikely he would win a seat). His votes are more likely to come from the left, in particular the protest vote which normal goes to the greens.

Re KDC hatred of Key, I do wonder if Helen Clark would have done anything differently. She would have signed the same recommendations and she didn't even notice being driven at 150kph so unlike she would have remembers a vague reference to KDC in a breifing.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Scandals can effect any party. Labour probably thought they had Len Brown in order too.

KDC is interesting. In theory he is a capitalist so his policies are likely to be to the right of centre but his hatred for Key will probably leave his party in the cross benches should he get over 5% (very unlikely he would win a seat). His votes are more likely to come from the left, in particular the protest vote which normal goes to the greens.

Re KDC hatred of Key, I do wonder if Helen Clark would have done anything differently. She would have signed the same recommendations and she didn't even notice being driven at 150kph so unlike she would have remembers a vague reference to KDC in a breifing.
    Quite right Harvey S. Any good that the Clark/Cullen govt achieved for NZ over nine years should be put aside, considering that a motorcade was speeding at some stage to meet an appointment, and a painting was falsely signed in a bid to raise more money for a good cause. Of course Michael Cullen did quietly call John Key a rich prick too. Is that all you have?

Labour didn't resort to back-room deals to get infrastructure built at the cost of more gaming tables, and they didn't rort the manufacturing sector by blindly following the path of globalisation, when it obviously wasn't a good fit for NZ. We still have one of the highest labour rates in the world. Why would it fit? Derek Handley reckons there is no imagination anywhere near the beehive. Not in the National ranks, anyway.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11187659
    Last edited by elZorro; 17-01-2014 at 08:02 PM.

So no vision within 1,000 miles of the Beehive Presumably talking about pollievision} .... at least Derek recognises not vision in Auckland either .... and that those from Coatesville are excluded

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    Boscawen seeks nomination for Epsom

Yes-Yes-Yes-Yes-Yes http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11187649
    I have known John for coming up to four decades & although I haven't bumped into him for a while, I can tell you this man is the real deal, sort of the complete opposite of Helen Clark. He wont be your run of the mill politician when he gets in & he will. He will bring ACT back to where they were and hopefully beyond. A National/ACT/ Cons Govt. Verse the loony green gathering is no contest.
    I'm excited ... finally.
    Isn't he the guy who likes to wear a lamington for a hat?

cake.jpg

Advanced Member

It amazes me that the country is riding the biggest wave of prosperity in years, the flight to Aussie has been stemmed, our dollar is almost on par with the Aussie dollar and all the left can offer is some hope that A German overstayer with a criminal history and a collection of green loonies will sweep them on to victory in November.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    Isn't he the guy who likes to wear a lamington for a hat?

cake.jpg
    If your trying to make inroads against John Boscawen for having a Lamington smeared on his head, you just had a massive fail. Malcolm France from People Before Profit by- election candidate however did make a total Womble of himself by indulging in the cake smearing incident like the little girl he is and more than likely cut his probable votes in half to one half of one by doing it. It has to be asked, would a real man or even a normal man smear cake on another man because his way of thinking was different to his far left delusions? For goddness sake Act is right of center and will have opposing thoughts. Maybe you like cake smearing too Longhaul and that would say a lot about you.
    Lets talk about how Boscawen handled it though, with grace and dignitary. Just imagine, how Russell Norman, Helen Clark or the current leader of Labour (what's his name again?) would of handled that. Clark would of been spitting and hissing, the opposite of Boscawen.

Thanks Longhaul for helping showcase what a Gentleman John Boscawen is & he is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    It amazes me that the country is riding the biggest wave of prosperity in years, the flight to Aussie has been stemmed, our dollar is almost on par with the Aussie dollar and all the left can offer is some hope that A German overstayer with a criminal history and a collection of green loonies will sweep them on to victory in November.
    craic, keeping in theme with the Lamington smearing incident above, that's all the left and their many branches can do - smear or at least try to. On all fronts they are talking up big nothings in a big scare or how about smear-mongering campaign. Straight from Helen Clark's book of politics. I feel their pain and I hope the swing voters look at where New Zealand is heading, not listen to all the cool stories coming the Greenies and Labour.
    It's really important we keep National in power to continue the recovery before the left sends us in negative territory again. Let us at least climb out of the hole a bit more first.
    Boscawen will help that recovery too. From what I've just heard Key wanted Boscawen back and leading ACT & Boscawen wanted the same thing.

So a strong National - ACT - Conservative Party - United Future, Right combo against the whinging Labour - Green - Maori - People Before Profit - NZ First - Mana - Legalise Cannabis Party - Alliance - Libertarianz - Communist League - Hapu Party - Workers Party - Alliance Left Combo and a swinging Peter Dunne.
    Whoops, I forgot the fat German party, it's not easy to remember to be fair.
    I glad I'm on the Right side.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    [FONT=arial]
    It's really important we keep National in power to continue the recovery before the left sends us in negative territory again. Let us at least climb out of the hole a bit more first.
    Boscawen will help that recovery too. From what I've just heard Key wanted Boscawen back and leading ACT & Boscawen wanted the same thing.

So a strong National - ACT - Conservative Party - United Future, Right combo against the whinging Labour - Green - Maori - People Before Profit - NZ First - Mana - Legalise Cannabis Party - Alliance - Libertarianz - Communist League - Hapu Party - Workers Party - Alliance Left Combo and a swinging Peter Dunne.
    Whoops, I forgot the fat German party, it's not easy to remember to be fair.
    I glad I'm on the Right side.
    National, Act, United will do. Conservatives won't make it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Quite right Harvey S. Any good that the Clark/Cullen govt achieved for NZ over nine years should be put aside, considering that a motorcade was speeding at some stage to meet an appointment, and a painting was falsely signed in a bid to raise more money for a good cause. Of course Michael Cullen did quietly call John Key a rich prick too. Is that all you have?

Labour didn't resort to back-room deals to get infrastructure built at the cost of more gaming tables, and they didn't rort the manufacturing sector by blindly following the path of globalisation, when it obviously wasn't a good fit for NZ. We still have one of the highest labour rates in the world. Why would it fit? Derek Handley reckons there is no imagination anywhere near the beehive. Not in the National ranks, anyway.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11187659
    labour rode a global boom. National kept the country ahead if the pack during a global recession.

A few extra pokies for a FREE convention centre - are you really complaining about that.

Legend

Cuzzie: It's really important we keep National in power to continue the recovery before the left sends us in negative territory again. Let us at least climb out of the hole a bit more first.
    What? I hate to have to remind you Cuzzie, but Labour's last term coincided with a meteoric improvement in the state's fiscal position, and under National we have mostly seen the opposite. You can argue the GFC and two big earthquakes were the primary cause of that. But there is no evidence for your claim that National has dug us out of a hole that Labour put the country into. That is just a big blatant lie.