sharetrader

Hybrid View

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Go and have a look at the newer suburbs like Hobsonville where 3 and 4 bedrooms brand new houses with the latest specs are selling as fast as they can build them W69.

Big reasons are that they are affordable, nicely laid out, have great kitchens and bathrooms and good recreational community parks and recreation areas.

I think the existing house market is cooling down fast (a very very good thing) as house buyers opt for these new houses in the newer suburbs.

I have seen in recent weeks some developers trying to sell their inflated priced sections in the established Auckland suburbs - no takers since April.
    Agreed--Its not a bad thing the housing market is slowing--Cant go on forever-Time to slow down and take a breath (and I own rentals)
    --Disc.-dont let anyone tell you it isnt a fair amount of work maintaining rentals and dealing with tenants.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    ..... --Disc.-dont let anyone tell you it isnt a fair amount of work maintaining rentals and dealing with tenants.
    Yep, and cost as well. I don't think I have ever had an invoice from a drainlayer which was less than $5000, for example. That is a lot of weeks of rent.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    There's something very fishy going on with drain laying ... Even the rest of the building industry can't understand how they're able to justify their prices based on the time and materials going into the job. I have an example of the price gouging and my neighbour, a builder, has more. The ComCom should investigate as they appear to be operating "cartel" like pricing or at the very least think they're worth 500 per hour!
    I trust my drainlayer, have worked with him for years. He provides detailed invoices. May be different in other centres, but drains in Wellington can be very complex.