sharetrader
Page 120 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 20701101161171181191201211221231241301702206201120 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 20200

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Yep, 240 does all that for AIR. 330 mins meaningless.
    So the chief pilot is full telling porkies ? What about flights beyond LAX ? (According to Boeing the Dreamliner is designed with longer range and ETOPS 330 from the outset so FAA granting this is clearly of some advantage compared to 180 ETOPS or can't we even get agreement on that for goodness sake).
    Regarding your other point, I've talked to a number of Air New Zealand pilots over the years and most have never experienced an engine out in their entire career. Quite apart from that these aircraft are designed to be able to be flown on one engine in an emergency situation. I presume you've driven in central Auckland city rush hour traffic lately...you want scary, I reckon many people get their licence from some counterfeit overseas supplier. Remind me again, how many people die on the roads in N.Z. every single year !! I have no issue flying long range on a twin engine aircraft, less stuff to go wrong).
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-07-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    [

With respect I disagree. Whilst clearly I don't have the pilot or operational expertise you claim to have the chief pilot obviously thinks its worthwhile and what i'm talking about is an extension of the Dreamliners ETOPS capability from 180 mins to330 mins. This will open up new more direct routes for that aircraft type regardless of whether AIR's flights to North America with the 777 are 240 or 330 ETOPS. I know a pilot who flies to Vancouver a lot direct in the 777, I'll ask him the question and update the thread on this matter when I have some more feedback direct from the coal-face.
    You may find AIR hasn't been hanging out for 330 min ETOPS to open new routes. South America is the only region that it MAY be useful for and there has been no indication from AIR they are heading there any time soon and new routes generally lose money for quite some time from start up. Any announcement of a new route may be good news for crew but not necessarily for shareholders.
    Last edited by biker; 03-07-2014 at 04:04 PM.

So the chief pilot is full telling porkies ? What about flights beyond LAX ? (According to Boeing the Dreamliner is designed with longer range and ETOPS 330 from the outset so FAA granting this is clearly of some advantage compared to 180 ETOPS or can't we even get agreement on that for goodness sake).
    Regarding your other point, I've talked to a number of Air New Zealand pilots over the years and most have never experienced an engine out in their entire career. Quite apart from that these aircraft are designed to be able to be flown on one engine in an emergency situation. I presume you've driven in central Auckland city rush hour traffic lately...you want scary, I reckon many people get their licence from some counterfeit overseas supplier. Remind me again, how many people die on the roads in N.Z. every single year !! I have no issue flying long range on a twin engine aircraft, less stuff to go wrong).
    The chief pilot only refers to 240 mins. note that is all AIR has purchased. No mention by him or AIR of 330 Mins
    Boeing offers UP TO 330 mins. Take (and pay) for what you need. AIR sometimes needs 240min. As of now it has no use for 330 min ETOPS (or EDTO for the purists) so, as in a post from way back, it has ( certainly in the short to medium term), no operational significance.
    Last edited by biker; 03-07-2014 at 04:21 PM.

If extension of ETOPS on Dreamliner aircraft from 180 to 330 minutes doesn't give more operational flexibility with this efficient aircraft type I'll eat my hat mate.
    More to the point of the main thrust, (excuse pun) of my earlier comment, how many people on here knew that AIR is planning on 5-7% annual top line growth for the next 5 years ?
    $2.15.5 and going up as I type

If extension of ETOPS on Dreamliner aircraft from 180 to 330 minutes doesn't give more operational flexibility with this efficient aircraft type I'll eat my hat mate.
    More to the point of the main thrust, (excuse pun) of my earlier comment, how many people on here knew that AIR is planning on 5-7% annual top line growth for the next 5 years ?
    $2.15.5 and going up as I type
    180 to 240? maybe. 330? hope its a small hat.

I'll be able to buy some tomato sauce with my profits to make it more palatable
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-07-2014 at 04:32 PM.

I'll be able to buy some tomato sauce with my profits to make it more palatable Just accept it mate, you were overdue for a failure with your TA, getting it right six out of seven isn't so bad
    If this is meant to refer to me, I think you have the wrong poster ( apart from the sauce)
    Maybe you are refering to Hoop
    Last edited by biker; 03-07-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    If this is meant to refer to me, I think you have the wrong poster ( apart from the sauce)
    Opps, yeah, that was meant to be directed elsewhere. You've done well and but left plenty of meat on the bone for latecomers such as myself. Good luck with your VAH.

Announcement from Boeing published in Air Transport News today.

"Boeing has confirmed delivery of the first 787-9 to Air New Zealand, the launch customer for the larger version of the Dreamliner that received FAA and European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) certification last month.

“Boeing is proud to have contractually delivered the first 787-9 Dreamliner to Air New Zealand,” a Boeing spokesman said. “We look forward to celebrating the milestone with our customer soon.”

Air New Zealand has 10 787-9s on order for delivery through 2017. The -9 is 20 feet longer than the 787-8 currently in operation. The Auckland-based airline is configuring the 787-9 with 18 business class seats, 21 premium economy seats and 263 economy seats."

So AirNZ now own the 787, really look forward to it arriving here very soon.

Opps, yeah, that was meant to be directed elsewhere. You've done well and but left plenty of meat on the bone for latecomers such as myself. Good luck with your VAH.
    Cheers, and you with AIR. I do think it still has a way to go. ( driven by VAH I hope :-) )
    Last edited by biker; 03-07-2014 at 04:58 PM.