sharetrader
Page 135 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 35851251311321331341351361371381391451852356351135 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 20200

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Investor

Thanks Roger, surely this is much better stock at this level I think, will wait and see.

Investor

Would say medium to long term holder moosie

Investor

Thanks Goldstein, will keep a close eye, valuable advice, cheers

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    I was technically late to get in at 1.70 but was technically chucked out at 2.14 when buyers could be found during the steep daily fall through the supports..
    Geeez ..another one of my favourite stocks gone out of my portiofolio...40% cash now..

Quote Originally Posted by modandm View Post
    Your mad hoop. While we can't predict the future we can make educated guesses, and forecasts. Doing this based on fundamental analysis is far more likely to be successful than predicting the future based on short term price movements or patterns you see on charts. Your likely to get whipsawed and incur higher trading costs as well.

Roger, keep loading - my truck is so full! As for turbulence AIR is remarkably stable - in fact on on our risk reports it has a beta of under 0.6. While a c.9% fall seems alot, its a remarkably steady stock! Usually just goes up!
    Updated chart from 30th June 2014.
    Great company it might be but it is technically broken everything now including the EMA200....what a mess...Lets hope the EMA200 break is the margin of error and it will revert back and be called a severe bull market correction...If it breaks 1.83 support it will be hard not to call this event a cyclic reversal from bull to bear.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Hi Guys, newbie here.

Got a small parcel of AIR last week @1.95, tempted to top up after seeing the recent downtrend. Can someone suggest if it has bottomed out yet or has it got some more way to fall. cheers.
    Good purchase at a support level $1.95 (where an investor should buy) ...pity the support broke...now it is a resistance level,

No-one knows where the bottom is...If we all did we all would be richer than Buffett.
    I 'm glad to see your later post saying you will wait and see what happens before purchasing more..

When investing the simple commonsense approach is often if not nearly always overlooked........To make money it is much easier doing so by investing in confirmed up trending shares rather than investing in down trending shares...

...Now for the double barrel human nature paradox question... Why do investors find it so easy to buy into down trending shares and continue to accumulate by buying more and more risking bigger and bigger losses????...and why do investors find it so hard to buy and accumulate in up trending shares and will often wait until those shares drop down in price before accumulating more thereby missing out on potential capital gain on the rise up????
    Last edited by Hoop; 29-07-2014 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Hi Guys, newbie here.

Got a small parcel of AIR last week @1.95, tempted to top up after seeing the recent downtrend. Can someone suggest if it has bottomed out yet or has it got some more way to fall. cheers.
    Small parcel at 195

Top up with a bigger parcel (2 times as big) at 187 say

Average price 190

So when get back 195 you making money

The power of averaging down

Me - wait for an uptrend to form. But then you might miss a bargain.

What a conundrum

Sb9 only you can work out what to do. It's your money after all
    Last edited by winner69; 29-07-2014 at 02:12 AM.

Banned

I don't really give a toss what the charts say sitting on an average of $1.98 happy to pick up the upcoming divvy and go long, Bears having picnic all over NZX at the moment and plenty of uncertainty coming from world events including aircraft events etc.Disc-Holding equals 8% of portfolio total.

Guru

Couts,you seem to have alot of shares that you are holding onto while they drop--Are you sure your betting on the right strategy?
    Might be an idea to brush up on TA to mix with your FA course of action.
    If the bears are having a picnic why not watch them for a while.
    Selling into the red is not easy,but it does not necessarily confirm your loss--you may be able to buy back in at a lower price--just sayin--its not always best to hold long term.

IMO

Shortterm Ebola is more of concern; one to watch closely; its only a flight away.

Guru

and in terms of FA--I have just flown with them and i would seriously reconsider,before flying again,if I had the choice of going with an airline with a better seating arrangement--Having 10 seats in each row on the 777s (as opposed to 9) was a real killer--I shudder to think what it must have been like for big or old people.
    To me it seems beneath the national carrier (guess I was expecting more) Its not like they have super cheap prices or many mega sales.
    There are lots of things that make a successful airline but this could catch up with them--Maybe they know that the Auckland -Vancouver route is practically a monopoly--It would be interesting to know how this fares on other routes

227 passengers getting extended stay in Honolulu - nice

Sam Morgan amongst them .... so even the rich and famous can't avoid technical difficulties