sharetrader
Page 138 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 38881281341351361371381391401411421481882386381138 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 20200

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Investor

Nice to see inching close to that magic $2 mark...

Luxon says he is accountable - are you shareholders going to hold him to account?

Methinks the $227,000 grand apology should come out of Luxons bonus - good idea?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/bett...ift-their-game

Any predictions or inside word on the final dividend for Sept?

5.5 to 6 cps a fair guestimate?

7 cps plus special divvy of 10 cps to mark commencement of 75th year of operations

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    7 cps plus special divvy of 10 cps to mark commencement of 75th year of operations
    would like to see that lease ownership doc you mentioned last week.

Have you (or anyone) been to a shareholders meeting previously?

I see that's its held annually around September?? any nice shareholder perks in going?

https://nzx.com/files/attachments/195586.pdf

Details regarding leased v owned aircraft are in there. Well worth a good read.

Nice refreshments after the AGM...don't be counting on a shareholder voucher for a free scenic ride in their new Dreamliner...shame really, that would be nice

If you can't be bothered reading the whole thing, scroll towards the bottom and read the CFO's report and look at the funding mix pie charts for the various types of aircraft.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-07-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    https://nzx.com/files/attachments/195586.pdf

Details regarding leased v owned aircraft are in there. Well worth a good read.

Nice refreshments after the AGM...don't be counting on a shareholder voucher for a free scenic ride in their new Dreamliner...shame really, that would be nice

If you can't be bothered reading the whole thing, scroll towards the bottom and read the CFO's report and look at the funding mix pie charts for the various types of aircraft.
    the first slide in, the good to great one, would be laughed at 227 customers if they saw it

Obviously a lot of work to be done ....AIR dont seem to have the same magic that was there when Rob was around

Rob would have just flown another plane to Honolulu to bring them home

At least hey arranged for the rich ad famous to get on another airline
    Last edited by winner69; 30-07-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Yes mate that unfortunate incident got a lot of press coverage because bad news sells newspapers.
    It does sound like a number of things went wrong and communication could have been a lot better.
    From years of owning highly complex Riviera launches with multiple engines and systems and dealing with family owned aviation operators in a professional capacity I know boats and aircraft are incredibly complex and complicated machines and **** happens a lot and you can't always get the parts you want when you want them. The 767 planes are starting to age which obviously leads to more issues. Those fancy new Dreamliner aircraft should have been here years ago to replace those aging 767's which means the 767 issue should never have happened. AIr haven't disclosed what compensation package they agreed too with Boeing for the years of 787-9 delays but I hope it was meaningful and I would assume it would be vastly greater than this relatively minor matter.
    You know some people have made a meal of this but what about Mr and Mrs Joe average flying economy with their 3 kids. $5,000 compensation and a few days extra in a warm paradise with your hotel paid for, life is so harsh, I wish I could be so fortunate

I am sure heads will roll over this but perhaps we should move on...its not like they lost a $20m engine just after lifting off is it.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-07-2014 at 09:00 PM.

And no doubt it will happen all over again sometime

Happens all the time to all airlines eh ..... just need to do better next time and hope that the culture within AIR is not going downhill.

Crikey - bit more turbulence today! Is this some insto shaking the tree again?