Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
OK four/five years since 2009 waiting for another 2007-2009 crash. Maybe it was once in a lifetime opportunity missed. Without interest rates increasing (which I can't see happening in the foreseeable future) shares will continue up as people accept a lower yield with some inflation protection from shares rather than money in the bank.

I don't think I can wait for a correction anymore. Me buying shares would be the surest sign of an imminent financial market correction. Is anyone else waiting for a large correction or am I being silly. Maybe I should invest my savings as I go and if I don't bail out in a large correction use leverage (mortgage & margin) to make the most of a major correction.
Note that I just want to buy good companies at attractive yields without getting in and out of the market. I am trying to time the market but just the once somewhere near the bottom of the next crash.

Actually it seems silly looking back at this thread waiting for the next leg down which may never come.
Just like putting money aside for the rainy day. What happens if it doesn't rain? You may as well not have the money.