sharetrader
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    First went there in the early sixties. It was magnificent. Now like Wanaka,Hamner, and Tekapo places to avoid, sold out to tourism

westerly
    Wanaka still seemed pretty mellow to me--It seemed to accommodate tourism pretty well--Qtown you would want to be away from the main center definitely--Its North -South situation is the main disadvantage.--Its true that there arent to many places in the area that catch the winter sun and still get the Remarkables view.---I do believe ,however,that if you bought smart,you would be able to sell later at a premium---It wont be long before it will be on the Chinese radar with the new direct flights.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    First went there in the early sixties. It was magnificent. Now like Wanaka,Hamner, and Tekapo places to avoid, sold out to tourism

westerly
    Hanmer please. There's no ham in Hanmer just as there's no sun in Sumner..

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Hanmer please. There's no ham in Hanmer just as there's no sun in Sumner..
    Wheres the fun in that ,Gus?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Wheres the fun in that ,Gus?
    Where's the fun in misspelling or mispronouncing a place name!

There is a lot of ham around HanMer. I had a good days pig hunting there a while back just as the sun has been shining in Sumner recently.

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Wanaka still seemed pretty mellow to me--It seemed to accommodate tourism pretty well--Qtown you would want to be away from the main center definitely--Its North -South situation is the main disadvantage.--Its true that there arent to many places in the area that catch the winter sun and still get the Remarkables view.---I do believe ,however,that if you bought smart,you would be able to sell later at a premium---It wont be long before it will be on the Chinese radar with the new direct flights.
    World class resort no question about it. Google real estate prices in Aspen, Queenstown is dirt cheap by comparison !! I reckon we should have an annual ST meeting in Queenstown, now there's a sweet idea

Guru

You missed my (rather obscure) joke ------ fun.....gus ..get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    World class resort no question about it. Google real estate prices in Aspen, Queenstown is dirt cheap by comparison !! I reckon we should have an annual ST meeting in Queenstown, now there's a sweet idea
    Queenstown isn't a bad idea at all for an ST Annual Meeting if we can all put a long planning into it. Of course we should not at all be talking or spending time talking about how bad or good our stocks selections are. A good program sked might entice us to visit that place once again

AWOL

Well you could start by giving Tsuba a hand to feed his chooks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Actually Roger funny you should mention an annual ST meeting in Queenstown, ive thought about that a few times, would be a great idea if we all could catch up over a weekend down there, ive already booked my ski vacation down there for this winter ( I stay at the Goldridge Resort for a very good rate as its still owned by DPC so sure we could negotiate a cheap group booking) Who would be keen and when?