sharetrader
Page 112 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1155
    Legend

In the first bit of news since - well - months ago, Newmont has been officially awarded 50% of the Waihi West permit that was previously recorded as 100% Glass Earth's. No money would have changed hands, this is just a tidyup. Newmont can do a bit more work and gain 60% of the permit.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/AXG/announcements/260911

This is permit EP40767, NZPAM have not updated the records yet.
    Last edited by elZorro; 21-02-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Legend

A followup from the Newmont side: to inform the public what's going on, they have this info in NZResources:
    25/2/2015 — Gold
    Newmont outlines Waihi West role

The North Island’s sole major hard rock gold miner, Newmont Waihi Gold said that with closure of the Martha open pit scheduled to occur next year, and the new Correnso underground mine having a known resource for only a few years, it makes sense for the company to advance a regional joint venture in the area.
    Newmont Waihi Gold (NWG) is a subsidiary of global gold miner Newmont Mining Corporation.
    The company has now earned a 50% stake in the Waihi West property of Antipodes Gold Ltd (TSX-V & NZAX: AXG).
    This property is adjacent to NWG’s Martha open cut which has been the biggest historic gold producer on the North Island, and it is also adjacent to NWG’s recently completed Trio underground mine.
    “What this means is that we have been funding and conducting the exploration work on and off since 2006, and this has now earned us a half share of the prospect and formalised the joint venture,” said NWG’s external affairs coordinator Kit Wilson.
    Wilson says this type of arrangement was normal in the mining industry where junior exploration companies such as Antipodes may hold a tenement and the right to explore or prospect in the area, but they do not have the financial backing to be able to conduct all the work.
    Newmont has the same joint venture agreement with Antipodes Gold at the Wharekirauponga (WKP) tenement on the Coromandel Peninsula.
    Kit Wilson said Newmont was currently conducting exploration drilling from the closed Trio mine under residential areas to the south-west in the Antipodes Gold tenement, and from inside the Martha open pit under farmland to the north-west in a tenement held by Newmont.
    “We have always said that we would like to be here for the long term. We also have always said that just because we are drilling in an area this does not mean that mining will follow. As an example, in the last three decades we have drilled just over 300 kilometres of core and developed just three mines. That’s enough drill core to stretch from Waihi to Coromandel town three times over.”

Last I heard, the exploration dept at Newmont Waihi Gold had been severely reduced. They would still be able to use local drilling rig contractors to perform some drills from discreet sites, and this seems to be what they have done.

Coincidentally, the Antipodes Gold website was unavailable last night, and is still down. Getting a makeover?
    Edit: no link to www.antipodesgold.com. Try www.antipodesgold.co.nz (that works). Not a free website anymore..

Now I'm wondering that if Newmont is the third party looking over AXG, although at current share prices it could be anyone, their main interest could be that permit under part of Waihi Town. Yet there has been virtually nothing mentioned about this permit by GEL or AXG for years. Originally there was some mention of the aeromagnetic data in the area suggesting that there could be known gold veins from the east of the site extending into the permit. GEL were never allowed to make much noise about the permit, a directive from their JV partner. It has always been effectively in Newmont's control.

From 2013: Newmont announced they were having a quiet look.

http://www.newmont.com/files/doc_dow...est-200513.pdf
    Last edited by elZorro; 25-02-2015 at 06:08 PM.

Legend

NZResources added some detail in May 2013.

22/5/2013 — Gold
    Newmont Waihi evaluates South and West Waihi permits

The community conscious miner Newmont Waihi Gold has detailed activity it has been undertaking on areas in Waihi with Glass Earth Gold Ltd (TSX-V and NZAS: GEL).
    Newmont Waihi said Glass Earth Gold holds exploration permit 40767 which covers a predominantly residential area south and west of the Martha mine.
    Newmont Waihi was conducting surveys on part of the permit where it can earn an interest by conducting work to an “agreed specified value.”
    Once this value is reached Newmont Waihi can formalise a joint venture agreement.
    There have been varying levels of interest in this area over the last 50 years with some drilling undertaken in the 1960s and other exploration since. Nothing of any interest has ever been identified.
    Newmont Waihi Gold was currently undertaking gravity surveys in Waihi West that involves a technician with a roving monitor spending about 10 minutes beside the road at each location.
    A gravity survey detects variations in the earth’s gravity field that indicate variable density of the rocks beneath the ground.
    For example, Newmont Waihi said, the Waihi Basin - the flat land to the south of Waihi - is characterised by a large circular gravity low that indicates that that area was once a large caldera, similar to Lake Taupo. The gravity low indicates that the Waihi Basin is filled to considerable depth with volcanic deposits that have a much lower density than the surrounding hills.
    There have been several gravity surveys carried out in the area previously, but they have not been evenly spaced. In some areas the survey points are close together and in other areas there is very little coverage.
    Where the stations are closer together more detail is apparent in the resulting processed data. This new survey will ‘fill in the gaps’.
    The current survey is attempting to improve the district-wide resolution to make it easier to interpret data. The copany said it was not expected the data will reveal details such as the presence of veins. It is aiming to assess whether some of the larger geological features interpreted from previous drilling can be detected through their gravity response.
    “Our work in Waihi West is one part of the exploration programme Newmont Waihi Gold is engaged in as we continue to determine what, if any, areas should be considered for further investigation,” the company said.
    “This is all part of the exploration process. It is lengthy and detailed, taking place over years rather than weeks or days. We are very used to acquiring what some may consider ‘discouraging’ results, but that is the nature of the activity.”
    Newmont Waihi said that in the Waihi West area of the permit the exploration there was not related to the company’s Correnso discovery closer to the Martha mine.
    “It is coincidental that the work in Waihi West was scheduled for this time. There is no connection between the Correnso announcement and the start of work in Waihi West.
    “We have not identified an ore body under Waihi West despite conducting exploration activities including drilling since 2006.
    “If the current exploration activities suggest there is merit in a closer look at the area we will employ other more precise techniques. At this stage, however, we have nothing to report other than routine investigations over a wide area.”

Legend

One of my old 2012 posts from this thread gives some detail on the Waihi West Permit, EP40767, direct from Simon Henderson.

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...l=1#post367744

Its ownership has not been officially changed yet. It is due to expire in December 2015, but there will be an application to extend the duration I'm sure.

Since Newmont are drilling from the Trio Mine, which is just outside the RHS or East of the 40767 permit, it would seem that they are concentrating on the area of the permit closest to the Correnso find. That would make sense from a logistics point of view, and they have done gravity surveys. The Correnso find was also a vertical cone shape, I think.

They are also drilling in a NorthWest direction into a Newmont-held tenement, that would possibly be drilling from the northern side of the Martha pit wall, a different target.

This dewatering report from the local council also shows some of the local faults. They run into the Waihi West permit. Looks like there have been mine shafts/inclines into the area from the Martha Pit, as well. They show up as settlement areas.

http://www.hauraki-dc.govt.nz/Files/...lement2012.pdf

Speaking on General Security Deeds of the type AXG provided to Newmont: if this one from Rabobank is anything to go on, it's not the type of document that you enjoy signing. Newmont are using something like this for security over outstanding obligations by AXG, for both WKP and Waihi West.

http://www.rabobank.co.nz/Global-Con...orm-GSA-NZ.pdf
    Last edited by elZorro; 04-03-2015 at 08:11 PM.

Legend

The local radio station at Waihi (Gold FM) seems to be a font of information about the Newmont operations there. In a recent interview, Kit Wilson was asked for his comments on a range of topics.

In particular for AXG investors, this part about the exploratory drilling isn't quite so hot:

Question: You are conducting exploration drilling to the northwest of the Martha open pit and to the southwest of the completed Trio mine under Union Hill. What does this involve? Where are you drilling from and to? How do you drill? Is it underground? Is this part of the Martha Project?

Answer: Newmont is drilling out from the Martha pit and from the Trio underground mine which is finished. "What we're doing is having a last look to make sure that we're not leaving anything behind before we move into closure mode. We haven't got anything else at the present time so this is our last look."
    The whole interview is here: http://www.goldfm.co.nz/general-news...-ender-update/
    Last edited by elZorro; 17-03-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Legend

Newmont has put out another press release about exploratory drilling. This time there is a bit of detail. It shows one long drill area heading West into the 50% AXG Waihi West permit from the completed Trio mine, and surprisingly another smaller drill from the Martha Pit towards the northern part of the same permit, in the area where it borders on a fully owned Newmont permit.

http://www.nzresources.com/attachmen...oration_lr.pdf

"Just looking, thanks"

Legend

Antipodes Gold has just put out a news release, I was googling, not expecting to see anything, it has been out for about an hour. This means that the Canadian market can trade on it, but it's the weekend in NZ. Typical of AXG management. The bigger money gets looked after first.

Newmont has intercepted a sizeable gold vein in Waihi West.

http://web.tmxmoney.com/article.php?...&qm_symbol=AXG

Newmont have their own assay lab, or a tame assay lab, so they will have known about these results for a while, as they were being tested. A few weeks ago I posted on this thread that Glass Earth Gold still technically had 100% ownership of the Waihi West permit, and that it was not quite the case. I was surprised to see a flurry of reads of that post, and soon after Newmont had obviously applied a legal document to that permit, and WKP, ensuring their interests were properly noted.

Anyway, I'll have a look at the release, it's just the results from one drill, but the grade is up to nearly half an ounce, that's not too shabby for a 10mtr wide vein.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Antipodes Gold has just put out a news release, I was googling, not expecting to see anything, it has been out for about an hour. This means that the Canadian market can trade on it, but it's the weekend in NZ. Typical of AXG management. The bigger money gets looked after first.

Newmont has intercepted a sizeable gold vein in Waihi West.

http://web.tmxmoney.com/article.php?...&qm_symbol=AXG

Newmont have their own assay lab, or a tame assay lab, so they will have known about these results for a while, as they were being tested. A few weeks ago I posted on this thread that Glass Earth Gold still technically had 100% ownership of the Waihi West permit, and that it was not quite the case. I was surprised to see a flurry of reads of that post, and soon after Newmont had obviously applied a legal document to that permit, and WKP, ensuring their interests were properly noted.

Anyway, I'll have a look at the release, it's just the results from one drill, but the grade is up to nearly half an ounce, that's not too shabby for a 10mtr wide vein.
    Thanks elZorro,

Sounds like there could be the tiniest bit of hope regarding my pitiful GEL holding, wait I mean AXG.
    Last edited by Carpenterjoe; 28-03-2015 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Brain Fart

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    Thanks elZorro,

Am I right in assuming this is not associated with the vertical drilling that is underway at Martha?

Sounds like there could be the tiniest bit of hope regarding my pitiful GEL holding, wait I mean AXG.
    Hi Carpenterjoe, I sold off my AXG shares in 2014 so I wouldn't waste too much time and energy worrying about it. The reason I was involved at all was because with so many permits, surely one of them had to work at some stage. I waited for a few years and didn't see it through. Note that now they just have part ownership in the WKP area and Waihi West, and the latter permit was never mentioned much because Newmont was really in control of it. That's a good thing, because they always have the capital and the proximity to be able to do something. What happens next, when AXG is asked to stump up for some more cash to co-fund drilling at the 40% rate? The cupboard is bare, well, worse than bare. AXG will surely need a cash injection of say $2-4mill just to see them through some more drilling and to stay in the game. At the moment, the TSX says the company is worth about $400k, twice what it was worth three hours ago. That spells even more share dilution, the likes of which the sharemarket doesn't see too often. GEL/AXG had only a brief time when it was valued at more than the cash thrown at it by shareholders. I think it has burned through $35-45mill so far, its a lot anyway.

If AXG rebounds on the market to 15c and holds (instead of falling to 1.5c) just on this press release, that would be a good starting place for capital raising. It's a long way up to there though.

Hence AXG is looking at restructuring with an anonymous third party. Could the third party be Newmont, or one of the many investment vehicles run by Geoff Loudon?
    Last edited by elZorro; 28-03-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Hi Carpenterjoe, I sold off my AXG shares in 2014 so I wouldn't waste too much time and energy worrying about it. The reason I was involved at all was because with so many permits, surely one of them had to work at some stage. I waited for a few years and didn't see it through. Note that now they just have part ownership in the WKP area and Waihi West, and the latter permit was never mentioned much because Newmont was really in control of it. That's a good thing, because they always have the capital and the proximity to be able to do something. What happens next, when AXG is asked to stump up for some more cash to co-fund drilling at the 40% rate? The cupboard is bare, well, worse than bare. AXG will surely need a cash injection of say $2-4mill just to see them through some more drilling and to stay in the game. At the moment, the TSX says the company is worth about $400k, twice what it was worth three hours ago. That spells even more share dilution, the likes of which the sharemarket doesn't see too often. GEL/AXG had only a brief time when it was valued at more than the cash thrown at it by shareholders. I think it has burned through $35-45mill so far, its a lot anyway.

If AXG rebounds on the market to 15c and holds (instead of falling to 1.5c) just on this press release, that would be a good starting place for capital raising. It's a long way up to there though.

Hence AXG is looking at restructuring with an anonymous third party. Could the third party be Newmont, or one of the many investment vehicles run by Geoff Loudon?
    Thanks Mate,

I had written this investment off ages ago, the third party will pretty much own the whole company.