sharetrader
Page 617 of 733 FirstFirst ... 117517567607613614615616617618619620621627667717 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,170 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

What are you on about? Are these not global trends that are happening?
    Or would you prefer to ignore such things as XRO seem to do with their striking of potential market size?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesST View Post
    It's a wonder that anyone bothers providing services to SME businesses with this perfect storm brewing.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Robbo, what happened to the hammer? or was it a dragonfly?

Price seems to be down a bit today

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Robbo, what happened to the hammer? or was it a dragonfly?

Price seems to be down a bit today
    Not mine, Moosie's But from my brief look XRO.ASX went up 1.76% for most of the day. Maybe that's what he meant?
    Last edited by robbo24; 04-05-2015 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Changed nzx to xro
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

So Xero is planning to exploit for commercial purpose the data it is gathering http://www.interest.co.nz/business/7...esses-and-govt
    How would you feel knowing that your numbers are going to be used in some statistics available to the concurrence?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by emveha View Post
    So Xero is planning to exploit for commercial purpose the data it is gathering http://www.interest.co.nz/business/7...esses-and-govt
    How would you feel knowing that your numbers are going to be used in some statistics available to the concurrence?
    Its obviously anonomised and aggregated. As such, the benefit is probably more than any downside. Would need to see the full details but I dont think I have an issue with it.

“If you’ve got 10 florists in Napier, you’re probably not going to benchmark that, because there aren’t enough of them. But if you’ve got 1000 florists in NZ, I think you’re quite safe.”
    Last edited by Harvey Specter; 05-05-2015 at 09:51 AM.

Do you seriously think that Xero may one day disclose the turnover of each of their customers?

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    I doubt that will last. Ebay data is not anonymised, you can see exactly who is selling what and how much they are turning over. That's why you pay for the data. What is the point of knowing what 1000 florists in NZ are doing collectively? What you want to know is what the 10 florists in Napier are doing. Otherwise its a pointless waste of money.

It will look something like this http://www.terapeak.com/

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    What is the point of knowing what 1000 florists in NZ are doing collectively? What you want to know is what the 10 florists in Napier are doing. Otherwise its a pointless waste of money.
    your not wasting money as (at this stage) they aren't charging for it. Maybe in the future if you want more incremental analysis.

But even so, know what the average GP and NP ratios for those in the same industry will help you determine how you are going. However, it could be very misleading as I am sure ratios would be different for a B&B, 10 unit motel, camp ground but they may all show up as holiday accommodation.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesST View Post
    Do you seriously think that Xero may one day disclose the turnover of each of their customers?
    I wonder if XRO would have got the buy-in from SME's if they had provided full disclosure of their data sharing intentions? Funny really, SME's are paying XRO monthly fees to provide XRO with their own (very valuable) financial information - straight from the bank - to apparently do with what they want. In return, XRO is providing some monthly reports that a number of SME's probably don't fully understand anyway and at the same time, making some Accountants redundant in the process.

With all that valuable financial information from SME's they hold, I imagine XRO will become quite valuable to some very interested third parties (think IRD for a start). I can certainly see another potentially valuable revenue stream for XRO.

And it all started quite innocently for some....an accounting platform in the sky. Whatever is the real grand plan? No doubt that will be disclosed at some future point....

Guru

Note that the IRD can already demand an interface into you accounting system to enable the to perform data analysis. So other than the real time nature, this is of no benefit.

I do wonder it we will start getting targeted emails. Ie insurance co gets list of all companies with insurance cost over $50k. Or electricity, telephone companies .... They could even filter the list by those with good credit (ie profitable and pay bills on time) and location.

I think this is the future but will probably require opt in. Maybe they will charge less to those that do?