sharetrader
Page 825 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3257257758158218228238248258268278288298358759251325 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,250 of 16077

I'm sure many right wingers would like that to be the case & in their circles it probably is, as they wish the international embarrassment of our PM would just go away & be forgotten. Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tga_trader View Post
    You keep banging on about that on every page but I'm fairly certain you're the only person in the whole world still talking about it.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Wonder if those sweet home movies coming out of Hawaii have any tax payer funding ....question being asked whose doing the filming?

Sweet young couple though, just having fun and its good Dad keeping on eye on them.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

Labour's racist policy backfiring in a big way http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/ne...ectid=11483909
    Last edited by iceman; 21-07-2015 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tga_trader View Post
    You keep banging on about that on every page but I'm fairly certain you're the only person in the whole world still talking about it.
    I still find John keys ponytail obsession of concern, as do many others

I would suggest you have discussed Labour's release of some data on the Auckland housing market to ad infinitum.
    Are you an advocate of if you say something enough times then it must be true?
    11 posts I believe by yours truly, sighting what you see Labour's racist or xenophobic tactics.
    I think you have a shot competing with Whale Oil for stretching anything the Left do to some extremism.

Apparently foreign ownership is only a problem if its near 30-40% of property purchases in Auckland, well that's John Key's attempt to perhaps / maybe, oh I really don't want to do anything about it approach.
    I would suggest if its anything like 10% in an already heated market its having a significant influence.
    Key makes a somewhat valid point in regards Australia's rules that they haven't worked.
    They have worked to a degree, although they would have worked better if they had been enforced and also one of the major factors driving property prices in Sydney & Melbourne has been population increase. In the time I was in Aust. it grew from 18M to 22M.
    So, as I have expressed before both population growth via immigration and foreign property ownership needs to be addressed to reign in the property prices.

In a relatively short time, NZ has become quite an expensive place to live, particularly Auckland. But its just not about property.
    Electricity prices have surged, rates & rents (obviously property related) have also surged.
    NZ has gone from being a cheap producer of dairy to one of the more expensive due to intensification.
    There is some very flawed economic drivers in NZ inflating the cost of living & this is at a time when the world has been suffering from deflation & the likes of cheaper oil. This pattern will only be exaggerated by further corporatization of government services where dividends are a driver of delivering social policy. America ... TPPA here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Oh dear - EZ, Really - CT is the most important thing to talk about? What about all the racists creepies and crawlies the Labour party released?

I guess anybody supporting Labour had anyway a difficult battle ahead of themselves, but now it is clear for everybody that Labour can't even claim moral high ground. Pity that, NZ deserves a better opposition like that.

BTW - anybody else heard Andrew Little this morning on national Radio?

(http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/pr...g-poll-results)

Incredible weak performance of a wannabe PM filled with lots of ah's and ahmm's - but nothing to say. He had neither a response related to Labours recent racist action - nor any suitable explanation towards condoning smoking in public. Quite disappointing - and this man wants to be the next PM? Stuff for Tui billboards - couldn't be better if somebody would have made it up ...
    Last edited by Daytr; 21-07-2015 at 11:12 AM.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Iceman, are you confusing policy with data? Which again isn't racist unless you choose to see it that way. Its data.
    But I agree & as I have said on many occasions it could have been done a lot better & more sensitively.
    Their policy as is NZFs is to change foreign ownership on property.
    There is nothing racist or xenophobic about that, its just good management & policy.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Labour's racist policy backfiring in a big way http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/ne...ectid=11483909

Net migration hits record, meanwhile National asleep at the wheel.
    Maybe they will start gathering some statistics.
    Oh we already have those, but lets gather them anyway & maybe at some time we may consider doing something about it, or not.
    Sound familiar?

I wonder if this article is deemed racist? It highlights, Chinese, Indian, the UK & Australia.
    Of course its not, its just data.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11484445

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Iceman, are you confusing policy with data? Which again isn't racist unless you choose to see it that way. Its data.
    But I agree & as I have said on many occasions it could have been done a lot better & more sensitively.
    Their policy as is NZFs is to change foreign ownership on property.
    There is nothing racist or xenophobic about that, its just good management & policy.
    Yes I admit "policy" was a bad choice of words. "Data" even worse. "Racist attack" would be more appropriate

Wasn't it data they used? And it wasn't an attack, nor was it racist.
    There are lots of people with Maori sounding names in Northland.
    Is that racist or an attack? Of course not its a fact based on data. And its data I like as I love living in an area with a large Maori population.
    If this is the best that right wingers can come up with then watch out 2017 election.
    The only thing being attacked is a poorly utilised set of data by Labour which is not even policy.
    Is there anything racist about Labour's or NZFs policy on foreign ownership of property?
    Nope, certainly not & if there was I would be at the front of the queue of outrage.
    Rather than this ridiculous attempt at outrage on something that isn't what you say it is no matter how many times it is repeated.
    I feel like I am watching Fox news sometimes on this thread.
    I'm currently watching "The Newsroom" its pretty damned cheesy but once you wade through Swiss, its amasing how many times Fox news is caught out repeating something over & over even though its a complete fallacy.
    Last edited by Daytr; 21-07-2015 at 01:08 PM.

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Net migration hits record, meanwhile National asleep at the wheel.
    Maybe they will start gathering some statistics.
    Oh we already have those, but lets gather them anyway & maybe at some time we may consider doing something about it, or not.
    Sound familiar?

I wonder if this article is deemed racist? It highlights, Chinese, Indian, the UK & Australia.
    Of course its not, its just data.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11484445
    More pressure on Auckland housing and infrastructure - crazy.