sharetrader
Page 103 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1162

Thread: Pumpkin Patch

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    NPAT is going to be less

NLAT is going to be more (L=loss)

(Like when she says turn the air-con up when she means set the temperature lower)

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    OK PT - I should have just said that the forecasted 'modest' loss is now going to be heaps more, in line with what one would expect of a 'rooted' outfit
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

sigh... i bought some PPL a long time ago and forgot all about it (been busy doing other things and have been away from here for a while, hi again everyone!), and now it's a very sorry state of affairs isn't it. Hmmm, what to do... hope that some other retailer will buy it out? This price is probably not going to improve in a hurry/ever is it...

Blendy I think you've given a great illustration of why one should never simply forget about one's investment. I don't like your chances of avoiding a capital loss on this one.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-09-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Currently thinking back to when I was selecting between FPA and pumkin patch, on the surface, they seemed similar but I could help but see the PP stores in the Middle East and how badly set up and run they were. Decided to sink my money into FPA at around 37 cents....and we know what happened to FPA - needless to say, they reduced an investment mortgage a tad.

Overall, it is a pity to see PP this way, in their international stores they just looked bad...no good sales, small space and way over cluttered; absultely no match for the original NZ stores...maybe they just got the basics wrong...too sad...I now use the store GYMBOREE for my halfling as they are like PP used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Blendy I think you've given a great illustration of why one should never simply forget about one's investment. I don't like your chances of avoiding a capital loss on this one.
    Absolutely right. I should have been more on top of that. Capital loss for certain I am sure. It's not terribly large really, but still annoying.

Advanced Member

On the doghouse

Are there no business journalists left at the Herald?

"But however bad that debt-to-equity ratio was looking on Friday morning, it was 31 per cent worse by the end of the day."

The above relates to the fall in share price, which has no effect on the equity ratio on the day. A sinking share price makes it difficult to raise new capital to fix the equity ratio, that's true. But on a day to day basis, a change in the share has no effect on the balance sheet and consequently no effect at all on the equity ratio. You would have thought that Liam Dann would know better.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down I hope it is not so

Maybe it is just selective memory but whenever a company is in talks with it's bank about their debt and need the banks continued cooperation to stay alive then the bank is always

ANZ

and these two company statements usually follow in quick succession.

1/ - Bank is fully supportive

2/- Bank has withdrawn funding and the receivers are pulling into the car park.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Are there no business journalists left at the Herald?

"But however bad that debt-to-equity ratio was looking on Friday morning, it was 31 per cent worse by the end of the day."

The above relates to the fall in share price, which has no effect on the equity ratio on the day.

SNOOPY
    ...... ah probably price-to-equity ratio SD
    h2

Default Cotton patch

Looking at the successful companies who would consider a cheap takeover would cotton group take a look at this.

Some synergies to create but a cheap entry into the store network.

Cotton on group are opening 1 store daily.