sharetrader
Page 900 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 40080085089089689789889990090190290390491095010001400 ... LastLast
Results 8,991 to 9,000 of 16077
    Advanced Member

Tell that to the Huntly coalminers who lost their jobs last week. Or maybe the few thousand Australian who will pay $A32 to visit Adelaide Zoo this week just because there are two Pandas there and this is mating time. My water comes off the rooves of house and sheds through a pile leaves, possum droppings, bird droppings and maybe some rat droppings into a tank and on to the house unfiltered. We drink it and remain healthy but not as healthy as my dog and you should see what he drinks, and eats. Only ten percent of the extinct plants and animals became extinct since man appeared on the planet - the rest were gone before we arrived.

Tell what to the Huntly coal miners Craic ?
    Despite what you choose to drink which comes from rain water, the quality of the water in our rivers & oceans is deteriorating and concentrations of nitrates and the like is continually increasing and so is the impact. Perhaps we should just continue to let that happen until the industries that rely on the very water sources they are degrading are impacted.
    Re your comment on species extinction rates, you could google tat and their are numerous charts that display the rapid increase of extinction rates in the last 100 years due to population expansion. The chart looks like a plane taking off, actually very similar to a chart of NZ government debt since National got in power. ;-)
    But by all means waste money on two pandas, whilst our own native wildlife suffers.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Conspiracy stuff eh...

There are 2 major disadvantages to smoking marijuana/cannabis which are not mentioned by cannabis lovers/MSM (main stream media).

1. Smoking marijuana is substantially more carcinogenic (cancer causing) than smoking cigarettes.

2. Marijuana smokers develop incipient schizophrenia...a tendency to see conspiracies everywhere is par for the course...(say no more, know what you mean - taps side of nose knowingly...).
    Last edited by Major von Tempsky; 26-10-2015 at 09:42 AM.

Dilettante

A good article in NBR discussing the bleating of Kiwis in Australia and the Left here in NZ, including some on this thread: http://www.nbr.co.nz/opinion/key-was...al-expat-kiwis

Why stay and whinge in Australia when you can emigrate back to NZ?

Just a bit more time with Global Warming and the planes from Australia will be full of Climate Change refugees as the heat waves proliferate and intensify.

I could go and live in Australia without having to worry about welfare benefits, health benefits, superannuation benefits.

But I don't because I enjoy NZ much more and I really hate heat waves even with air conditioned houses. You are turned into a prisoner in your own house!

Iceman, the laws being used to deport ex convicts (anyone else see the irony in Australia doing this!) were implemented to counter terrorism not to detain people on offshore Islands thousands of miles away from their families, legal representation and without charge. This is a misuse of the law as it was intended. It's another example why governments shouldn't be given over reaching powers as they are bound to abuse it as in this case. Interesting though that the NBR publishing an article saying that Key is losing his political clout.

Those Northland voters have a lot to answer for.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    A good article in NBR discussing the bleating of Kiwis in Australia and the Left here in NZ, including some on this thread: http://www.nbr.co.nz/opinion/key-was...al-expat-kiwis
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

"Detained"? "Detained"?

Oh, ha! ha! ha! ho! ho! ho! That's rich, that's a good one!

How can you be detained when you have the immediate option of using 7 words "I want to go back to NZ!"

If you were detained in say North Korea or by ISIS or Boko Harum you would be detained properly! They know how to do detentions.

If they have "close" family there then you immediately have a litmus test of how "close" close is.!

i.e. do they follow said murderer, rapist, drug dealer, wife basher back to NZ? And if they don't who could blame them....
    Last edited by Major von Tempsky; 27-10-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Dilettante

Exactly MVT. All the Kiwis are there by choice because they want to mount a challenge to the deportation order from Australia. They are all free to return to NZ and could lodge their case from here if they wanted to.

Guys what are these centers called? Detainment centers. Quite simple really.
    Why are they based in goodness knows where, out of way, out of sight out of mind.
    Media get denied access, the Red Cross get denied access.
    If someone has been a short term resident etc and been convicted, I understand sending them back to NZ.
    However when someone has spent the majority of their life in Australia and their family & support is in Australia, then what does sending them back to NZ achieve?
    If they need to detain them, why can't they do so in the State where they live so family & legal support has access to them.

These people have served their time. If they had applied for an Aussie passport they would be back in the community.
    The fact that these people are choosing detainment over deportation suggests to me that they have a very good reason to be wanting to stay there. More than likely support to either find a job or that's where their family lives, kids go to school etc.
    But lets up-root them send them back here, where perhaps they have none of that.
    What do you think is going to happen in many cases if that happens?

Hi Craic, I wanted to get back to you on this as because the statement below does not give an accurate picture of what is happening with species decline. A chart below gives you a much better idea of the rapid increase in extinction rates.

Here are also a couple of articles that I hope you & others read that I think you will find alarming.
    One thing I think goes against the Green movement in regards climate change & things like species rapid decline, is that its quite depressing reading.
    And I think many would rather deny what's going on than face the ugly reality.

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/p...nction_crisis/

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ed-extinction/

The clearance of rain forest in Indonesia at levels like never before.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ry-world-media

\

[QUOTE Only ten percent of the extinct plants and animals became extinct since man appeared on the planet - the rest were gone before we arrived.[/QUOTE]