Quote Originally Posted by QOH View Post
S

Totally agree with this, surely we are all adults here, who can pick and choose which posts, posters and threads interest us and simply scroll past the rest, or put the poster on ignore.
Don't we have enough "rules" in our lives without having to worry about being banned from an online forum for upsetting someone.
I have to say I agree with you, Bannings for the most part will work against the forum,whilst some silly stuff gets posted,there are some knowledgable people being banned that I quite enjoy reading their comments.
I feel the forum in the most part, should be self governing with Vince only dishing out a short term ban for serious offences, of which I'm sure everyone knows what they would be.
Vince your banning of g1 permanently,even though there were (emails),is a bit tough mate.
Everyone has the right to ignore anyone they think is going overboard,I think bannings for the most part are doing a disservice to the richness of this forum.
A list of etiquete (sp) on the front page,plus the 1 thing that will get you a short term ban of 2 weeks,(very serious though,not just an opinion) I think would be enough and trial it for a year.
And the 1 thing that could get you that ban -- Abuse of any kind. including swearing.