sharetrader
Page 59 of 303 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

So the 60k bidder sitting at 3.22 I dipped my toes in the water to buy a few more. Must be pie funds one would think.

Yup piefunds.co.nz see TIL as a major winner. They speculated that there was going to be a potential listing on the ASX as well.

Long Member

that 60k was filled. another few parcels of that size and we might see another significant holder release imo.

Investor

Good trading day in a while with reasonable volume.

Advanced Member

Doesn't take much to move til up or down on.a low volume day. We will remain in a trading pattern until a trading update is provided.

Does anyone know when a trading update is expected?

Guru

Not sure, but if you look at Pumpkin Patch, you could see TIL's future

(not saying it will happen, and I really hope it doesn't, but there are similarities [to me] for the products sold - both there own brands and both in retail)

Long Member

Hard to make that comparison stick when you even scratch the surface and start comparing the distribution model, branding, competition etc. Pumpkin patch established a chain of physical locations producing children's clothing that could be (and was) undercut by pretty much anyone with a sewing machine, there is no real point of difference. Trilogy produce and distribute (without the need of owning a network of expensive and timely to setup stores) organic health products. Their products are less easy to replicate and copy, due to sourced ingredients and branding, subsequently they attract a premium price and a number of celebrity endorsements.

A large part of PPs failure was its costly USA strategy in my view. It closed all its USA stores back in 2011, following a tough trading period and has been struggling pretty much ever since. Long slow death spiral. It is Hard to draw a link to suggest Trilogy is the even in the same league as the woeful pumpkin patch.

Personally I still think Trilogy is ripe for a takeover. It is getting big enough/creating enough noise that one of the big players might notice and act defensively or look to acquire a bolt-on, to bolster their organic offerings.

all my opinion off course.

Long Member

Of course I'm not saying it isn't possibly Trilogy fail. I just don't think they are at all comparable to Pumpkin Patch. in my view, worst case, expansion slows and they are forced to cut marketing/global domination, Trilogy remains a large player in the Australasian organic market and scales back its marketing, head office expansion costs to consolidate as a profitable mature business (but significantly overpriced, based on the current SP) business.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    Does anyone know when a trading update is expected?
    In previous years forecasts have been issued in March/April:
    e.g 11 March 2015
    10 April 2014
    22 April 2013
    4 April 2012

So I'd say we should have one before the end of April, but hopefully earlier.