sharetrader
Page 610 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 11051056060060660760860961061161261361462066071011101610 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,100 of 20200

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Sometimes you have to pay for your education--i should have known better --was all out but went for the bait.
    I should have seen the omen when I was talking to a neighbour and he told me never again (AIR)as they froze on the way back from Hawaii (just like we have done several times before --more than a coincidence.) Hell,I dont even like air New Zealand--they are a mediocre airline touting themselves as premium,and charging accordingly)
    I wont tolerate more than a 5% loss though --im out (I may be a slow learner in one way --but not that way--Im not afraid to cut my loses,for better or worse)...nevertheless good luck to all
    I was out and came back in as well Skid. I've learnt a few lessons along the way too (and still learning) but the ones I remember well are those occasions when I sold too early - only for the share to recover and head back into green territory. There are no doubt times when it just keeps going south and never recovers but I think those are fewer than those who dip and then recover. I guess it depends on the type of business it is. The one share I followed all the way down was Chorus. I bought some at $2.60 and then it went south. I bought some more at $1.87 when it looked like it had bottomed and then it went down to $1.30's. Then it came back and I finally sold when it was in the low $3's. I should have hung on coz now it's just over $4 (another lesson). Not sure if this one was an exception to the rule but I'm now a little hesitant to sell too soon given previous experiences.

I'm down 11.3% on AIR today and 17.5% on NZR but overall - my portfolio is only down 2.4%. So for me - I'm gonna hang in there as I think AIR is still fundamentally sound (albeit 2017 doesn't look as bright as 2015/16). I might even add a couple more companies to increase my portfolios diversity so as to balance the winners and losers a bit more.

Happy to take onboard advice from others.

This slump in the AIR share price is killing my chances in stocktastic

Another couple of days and it will be doing as bad as VML
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Plenty of weak holders to shake out yet, good things take time aye, patience not panic required. PS-Mickey im down 11%on Air and 16% NZR so your not alone.
    Last edited by couta1; 05-05-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Banned

To those of you stressing about the current SP dip: What is your investment horizon? 2 days? 2 months? 2 years???

Seems like you are acting as if you HAVE to sell today...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    I was out and came back in as well Skid. I've learnt a few lessons along the way too (and still learning) but the ones I remember well are those occasions when I sold too early - only for the share to recover and head back into green territory. There are no doubt times when it just keeps going south and never recovers but I think those are fewer than those who dip and then recover. I guess it depends on the type of business it is. The one share I followed all the way down was Chorus. I bought some at $2.60 and then it went south. I bought some more at $1.87 when it looked like it had bottomed and then it went down to $1.30's. Then it came back and I finally sold when it was in the low $3's. I should have hung on coz now it's just over $4 (another lesson). Not sure if this one was an exception to the rule but I'm now a little hesitant to sell too soon given previous experiences.

I'm down 11.3% on AIR today and 17.5% on NZR but overall - my portfolio is only down 2.4%. So for me - I'm gonna hang in there as I think AIR is still fundamentally sound (albeit 2017 doesn't look as bright as 2015/16). I might even add a couple more companies to increase my portfolios diversity so as to balance the winners and losers a bit more.

Happy to take onboard advice from others.
    You may be right --only time will tell--for me there are a number of things Im not liking in the market as a whole and although AIR may still be fundamentally sound,to many things are pointing in the wrong direction for my liking--It can be @$2 and be fundamentally sound--it aint going broke,but the lofty days may well be over as they are not on easy street anymore imo.
    From where im sitting they operate on a strategy of charging premium prices, so we will see if that keeps on working for them in this new environment.
    For me ,in this environment a smallish loss and a potential lost opportunity is better than possibly a big loss and the game is never really over--there is always possible opportunities at a much lower price...never know.
    My dosh is sitting in my share acc.-yours is sitting in AIR shares--thats the only difference atm.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Y
    My dosh is sitting in my share acc.-yours is sitting in AIR shares--thats the only difference atm.
    Fair call Skid. It comes down to personal choice and following your own strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    TA from a cyclical perspective

Can't get this chart out of my mind - it keeps on coming back to haunt me

Didn't want to ruin punters days completely by adding another steep up curve pre 2007
    That was a couple weeks ago - chart that went with it below

Somebody just PM'd me and said hey winner your red line ends at 245 which is spooky

But I was being lazy at the time - in the context of a true cyclical that red line possibly will continue to go down ..... sometime in the future to somewhere where it started (but possibly higher because even cyclicals can cycle higher)
    Attached Images Attached Images

An OBV chart be interesting for AIR - doesn't that tell whether the smart money is buying or exiting?

sold my Ohe and topped up air

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    An OBV chart be interesting for AIR - doesn't that tell whether the smart money is buying or exiting?
    Still a great trading share, to be honest i was surprised the SP didn't drop like a stone with initial VAH news, it was and is still unlikely they will sell for a wind fall or come out of it well. Australian market has been cutting back capacity all this year. It gave a golden opportunity for Shareholders to exit. Where the SP is at now looks fully price in. Will it overshoot even more?