sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    What a crackup EZ can be sometimes !! Don't know how many "crises" he has seen in the last couple of years, manufacturing, Dotcom, Dirty Politics, ponytails, you name it. Now apparently a parliamentary crises as we go through the smoothest ever transition from one PM to another :-)
    Do not overlook the real coronary risk: iPredict - a betting site, which for God knows what imaginary reason seems to jet-propel itself right up his nose.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 09-12-2016 at 11:31 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Ahh, the whaleoil site or better be called a trumping blogsite. The stink coming from that site is as obnoxious as a decaying whale size of a dump left rotting on an unflushed office toilet. Read it only with a virtual mask on.
    But I for one could accept Paula now that Amy is completely out of the big picture.
    Suspect you may not have been there for a while. It is very strictly moderated. Though nobody is going to their grave wondering what Mr Slater's opinion is.

Since it is the most read NZ blog by a country mile I don't suppose they are too bothered if people prefer the ever diminishing mainstream media for their news.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Suspect you may not have been there for a while. It is very strictly moderated. Though nobody is going to their grave wondering what Mr Slater's opinion is.

Since it is the most read NZ blog by a country mile I don't suppose they are too bothered if people prefer the ever diminishing mainstream media for their news.
    I have just perused the Whale Oil blog and read the article and readers comments on the selection process to elect the Leader and Deputy of the National Party.

If even half of this is true than this is deeply disturbing for a governing party to be threatening Electorate and List MPs that their future selection/list rankings are in jeopardy should they not vote for Bill English and his preferred deputy candidate. Of even more concern is the allegation that appointed scrutineer would disclose errant voters to Bill English. I never realised he, and Hekia Parata were such admirers of Kim Jung Un.
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 09-12-2016 at 04:34 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Do not overlook the real coronary risk: iPredict - a betting site, which for God knows what imaginary reason seems to jet-propel itself right up his nose.
    Maybe I lost a bit of dough on there..and it was rigged anyway.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    ? . . If we are to solve the current parliamentary crisis caused by having a PM appointed by a small caucus of MPs. . .
    And there was me thinking that they were just following the precedent set by the Labour Party after Mister Kirk died.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I have just perused the Whale Oil blog and read the article and readers comments on the selection process to elect the Leader and Deputy of the National Party.

If even half of this is true than this is deeply disturbing for a governing party to be threatening Electorate and List MPs that their future selection/list rankings are in jeopardy should they not vote for Bill English and his preferred deputy candidate. Of even more concern is the allegation that appointed scrutineer would disclose errant voters to Bill English. I never realised he, and Hekia Parata were such admirers of Kim Jung Un.
    I've heard he threatens then with either waterboarding. public hanging. or forcing them to listen to a 10 minute recording of an Andrew Little speech.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 10-12-2016 at 07:32 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    And there was me thinking that they were just following the precedent set by the Labour Party after Mister Kirk died.
    I'll admit I'm stirring a bit, but the point is Norman Kirk tragically died in office. He didn't decide to break the contract to be NZ's PM for the full term. In the light of day, John Key did break the contract with voters, mostly for his own benefit. In the process he sabotaged National's chances in 2017. At the very least we're now seeing National scrabbling around for a deputy PM, the choice being another white male who appears ineffective and a bit of a poser, and Paula Bennett, who we all know is going to keep on making massive gaffes in public.

National and Labour are now more evenly matched. I'm not sure how hard Bill English listens to Crosby-Textor consultants, but his speeches are fairly boring too. Andrew Little has the excuse that he's warming up.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I've heard he threatens then with either waterboarding. public hanging. or forcing them to listen to a 10 minute recording of an Andrew Little speech.
    Oh I see. Its all fun and jolly as long as National is engaging in this.I am not so sure those National MPs thought it was so funny being threatened with non selection. But outrage if Labour or the Greens display such behaviour. Double standards me thinks FP. Yes the perfidiousness of some on the right never fails to astound.
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 10-12-2016 at 09:01 AM.

“ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    In the light of day, John Key did break the contract with voters, mostly for his own benefit.p.
    That argument does not wash with me and its just nit picking El Zorro. What about Goff, Shearer just a couple that spring to mind.....