sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Did you notice that on the relevant table the FY18 EBT is higher than the FY18 EBIT (negative interest?) and that EBIT & NPAT for FY18 is less than FY17 (*)? They might have mixed up some numbers, somewhat invalidating your positive assumptions for 2018.

What I want to point out - you are very welcome to be optimistic and put your money where your mouth is ... but it might be a good idea to review whether this optimism is based on solid data or just finger trouble.

(*) disclosure ... a friendly fellow poster who wants to be unnamed pointed me to this issue before I saw your post ;
    Thanks for pointing out that apparent discrepancy BP. I remain comfortable with my assumption about yield stabilizing and am happy to hold a modest position as part of a well diversified portfolio.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks for pointing out that apparent discrepancy BP. I remain comfortable with my assumption about yield stabilizing and am happy to hold a modest position as part of a well diversified portfolio.
    Based on my own analysis, I'm happy to hold an outrageous portion as part of an unbalanced portfolio.

Made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Based on my own analysis, I'm happy to hold an outrageous portion as part of an unbalanced portfolio.

percy

Absolute classic.!!

percy

Well the Nervous Nellies are back.!
    The sp ,$2.18, has fallen below the 200 day EMA [moving average] $2.20.
    We live in interesting times.?
    Last edited by percy; 23-01-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Membaa

Yes, the chart looks ominous. Hoop nailed the top, question is where to from here.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Yep made my day too! Ya one in a million Couta

Default What does the Bible say about Investing ?

LOL good luck with that approach mate and everyone knows we're mates so you know I mean that...but please be aware that your approach isn't recommended. See the section about diversification.
    http://www.biblemoneymatters.com/wha...out-investing/ Joshua 1 V7 (be strong and courageous)...needs to be balanced with other advice contained in the good book.

P.S. I was going to e.mail you the above link mate but I decided others might also benefit from some of the wisdom in the link.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-01-2017 at 09:10 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    LOL good luck with that approach mate and everyone knows we're mates so you know I mean that...but please be aware that your approach isn't recommended. See the section about diversification.
    http://www.biblemoneymatters.com/wha...out-investing/ Joshua 1 V7 (be strong and courageous)...needs to be balanced with other advice contained in the good book.

P.S. I was going to e.mail you the above link mate but I decided others might also benefit from some of the wisdom in the link.
    Thanks for that Roger, although with 44% of my portfolio total in Air I do have some diversity. I'm not a believer in over diversification these days for various reasons.

Investor

Still no sign of those op stats for Dec 16...