sharetrader
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    It's no good threatening me, FP, I worded it carefully. But can you be sure they haven't aggressively structured their tax affairs, like most of the high-rollers seem to?

Translation: Like most of the paranoid and envious assume, many of whom pay zero tax after applying WFF credits and doing their shabby little 'cashies' (which apparantely don't count' )Amen.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Translation: Like most of the paranoid and envious assume, many of whom pay zero tax after applying WFF credits and doing their shabby little 'cashies' (which apparantely don't count' )Amen.
    You mean they pay low income tax, you've forgotten fuel excise and GST etc, again, haven't you? And you've also forgotten how those without a house or property miss out on the tax-free capital gains that other people get, there are injustices everywhere.

But I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about ongoing high incomes from trading businesses, that would normally attract the highest tax rates. That's where a lot of tax dodging goes on.

Legend

You mean they pay low income tax, you've forgotten fuel excise and GST etc, again, haven't you? And you've also forgotten how those without a house or property miss out on the tax-free capital gains that other people get, there are injustices everywhere.

But I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about ongoing high incomes from trading businesses, that would normally attract the highest tax rates. That's where a lot of tax dodging goes on.
    Really? You should tell the IRD.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    So the case takes a year to come to court - a - very ordinary time for such matters. And Little left his apology 'till the eleventh hour and hopes they will forget the matter and elZ believes they should be fearful of other things coming out of the woodwork? No, I think that someone should shout down the hole to the beloved leader that he should stop digging immediately. He might even consider letting someone else take the leadership.
    Another incredible and slanderous post from EZ where facts don' t matter.
    Little made the comments in April last year. Soon thereafter the Hagamans gave him an ultimatum to fully withdraw the comments and apologise. He did neither. In September the Auditor General cleared them and found NOTHING to support Little's claims. But only last week did Little offer his "unreserved apology" but told the media before the Hagamans. Little has handled this very badly and will pay the price (or the Labour Party probably) as he deserves.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Little made the comments in April last year. Soon thereafter the Hagamans gave him an ultimatum to fully withdraw the comments and apologise. He did neither. In September the Auditor General cleared them and found NOTHING to support Little's claims. But only last week did Little offer his "unreserved apology" but told the media before the Hagamans. Little has handled this very badly and will pay the price (or the Labour Party probably) as he deserves.
    It's going to be an interesting dilemma for Andrew Little and Labour. Does Andrew mortgage his house to the hilt to pay for his defence, or do Labour have zero funds to run the election campaign.

Legend

Lyn Provost and her team found no impropriety within their limited terms of reference.
    Little has been in discussions with the Hagaman family since then, but a well-timed court case to cause maximum damage to Labour seems to be their intention. The Hagamans seem to be very favourable towards National/Act with their donations. If they were really altruistic, they'd give equal amounts to Labour and National - but they didn't - in 2014.

Here in Hamilton, I don't know about donation levels, but Bill Gallagher hosted the 2014 celebration party for National's returning Tim Macindoe (Hamilton West) in Gallagher Group's flash corporate building. That's saying something, isn't it?

Meanwhile, the SAS are disputing the facts in "Hit and Run". From what I know about Nicky, every fact they wrote down will have been double checked, and they'll have the evidence for that.

Mike Hosking stretched one minute into 2 1/2 minutes, to say that there's nothing going on here.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/m...-saga-to-rest/

Dilettante

Lyn Provost and her team found no impropriety within their limited terms of reference.
    Little has been in discussions with the Hagaman family since then, but a well-timed court case to cause maximum damage to Labour seems to be their intention. The Hagamans seem to be very favourable towards National/Act with their donations. If they were really altruistic, they'd give equal amounts to Labour and National - but they didn't - in 2014.

Here in Hamilton, I don't know about donation levels, but Bill Gallagher hosted the 2014 celebration party for National's returning Tim Macindoe (Hamilton West) in Gallagher Group's flash corporate building. That's saying something, isn't it?

Meanwhile, the SAS are disputing the facts in "Hit and Run". From what I know about Nicky, every fact they wrote down will have been double checked, and they'll have the evidence for that.

Mike Hosking stretched one minute into 2 1/2 minutes, to say that there's nothing going on here.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/m...-saga-to-rest/
    Do the Unions support all parties equally ? Did Bill or any other members of the Gallagher family host any fundraising parties or "meet the candidate" type parties when Bill's brother Martin stood for and was the Hamilton West MP for Labour ? Businesses regularly hold such meetings for both National, Labour and other parties' candidates. What is the issue you have with it ?
    Last edited by iceman; 27-03-2017 at 09:37 AM.

Legend

Do the Unions support all parties equally ? Did Bill or any other members of the Gallagher family host any fundraising parties or "meet the candidate" type parties when Bill's late brother Martin stood for and was the Hamilton West MP for Labour ? Businesses regularly hold such meetings for both National, Labour and other parties' candidates. What is the issue you have with it ?
    I think you might have the facts a bit muddled up, Iceman. Martin Gallagher is still very much alive, he was reported on the front page of the Waikato Times this morning. He's not Bill's brother, that's John Gallagher, the other half owner of Gallagher Group. Martin Gallagher is a Labour person, yes. He's Bill's cousin, not connected with Gallagher Group.

I've mentioned before that Gallagher Group have access to R&D grants in the millions of dollars from taxpayers. In the league of the same sort of money Bill and his wife have recently spent on their palatial home near the hospital. They are at least spending locally, I'll give them that. Their wealth has been made on the backs of all their designers, and more correctly, their manufacturing staff and robots, injection machines. Bill was a union man at one stage, but over the years that has changed, he's now firmly camped on the right.

Dilettante

You are right EZ. I knew he was alive (my editing before posting made the mistake with the extra word, now corrected) but yes I thought they were brothers, not cousins. Doesn't change though that I can't really see what the problem is with companies supporting various local MPs. It happens all around the country with most parties, probably not much to The Greens though.

Legend

You are right EZ. I knew he was alive (my editing before posting made the mistake with the extra word, now corrected) but yes I thought they were brothers, not cousins. Doesn't change though that I can't really see what the problem is with companies supporting various local MPs. It happens all around the country with most parties, probably not much to The Greens though.
    The Greens are at the moment asking people to chip in. The amount they're asking for? $3 per person. To get the same sort of cashflow as the Hagamans supplied National, they'd need to get $3 from nearly 34,000 individuals.

National has in recent decades always been able to fundraise from fewer individuals invited to flash events, you could say they're more organised. Even some of their own MPs simply write cheques out to their own campaigns if required, because they are independently wealthy.
    Last edited by elZorro; 28-03-2017 at 07:09 AM.