sharetrader
Page 80 of 160 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast

Thread: Tegel IPO

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Did i dream it or did i hear rumour they've selectively bred hens that have 3 or 4 drumsticks now; that would partially explain the glut?

IMO

Yeah and the first three legged hen they bred they named Jake The Peg diddleleg diddleleg
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 16-05-2017 at 11:15 AM.

The chicken farmer who pioneered breeding 3 legged chickens was asked if the taste was any different from those with only 2 legs:

"I don't know, they run so bloody fast I've never been able to catch them"

Banned

Thought I'd try to check the short positions on Tegel but I can't find any reporting of shorts on the NZX However found reported shorts on Tegle on the ASX (tgh.asx) of 0.01% which is pretty low (Inghams at 3.4% for instance). Perhaps not significant except that at least no one's shorting the crap out of them (in Aussie anyway).

Decided I might as well hold fire on any purchase until either a: Next leg down or b: Decent results and moving up (or c: don't bother and buy a new car instead).

I shouldn't break the news, but it will be out shortly anyway. Tegel has announced it has pioneered the genetic mutation of an eight legged chicken, and it expects its profits will increase fourfold over the coming years. Director has resigned because he felt sorry for the poor chickens. I have just raised a mortgage on my house and will be going all in shortly. Could be true?

Attachment 8846

I hope you can access the photo, as otherwise this post just sounds stupid.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 16-05-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I shouldn't break the news, but it will be out shortly anyway. Tegel has announced it has pioneered the genetic mutation of an eight legged chicken, and it expects its profits will increase fourfold over the coming years. Director has resigned because he felt sorry for the poor chickens. I have just raised a mortgage on my house and will be going all in shortly. Could be true?

Haha - try chickens with 8 breasts, akin to sow with ten tits! Chicken breasts are the most valuable parts of a chicken, not drum sticks!

Looking forward to Tegel's innovative mutation program in action.

But again, that will spell the end of Tegel? Imagine Inghams advertising their wholesome 2 legged single breasts vs Tegel's 8 legged breasted chickens!
    Last edited by Balance; 16-05-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Even fake news seems to bounce the shareprice, a bit of a slight move, maybe it is true? A self fulfilling prophecy maybe. SP up 2 cents today.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 16-05-2017 at 01:24 PM.

I've been thinking a little more about this one. Surely Affinity won't be happy with this performance given they still hold 45%. I can't imagine them wanting to cut their losses and sell the rest at say $1 a share. I'll be very interested to see what they do after the annual results are announced! Also my predicted NPAT is 34 million so I think the share price is about fair. Will be interested to see what the final dividend payment is, perhaps another 4 cents?

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I've been thinking a little more about this one. Surely Affinity won't be happy with this performance given they still hold 45%. I can't imagine them wanting to cut their losses and sell the rest at say $1 a share. I'll be very interested to see what they do after the annual results are announced! Also my predicted NPAT is 34 million so I think the share price is about fair. Will be interested to see what the final dividend payment is, perhaps another 4 cents?
    About 100million+ shares in Escrow, no matter how solid the result in June is - they could spook the market with a few big sells.

Given Affinity paid $600M for Tegel in 2011, if the report and outlook is strong I do not see why they would dump at the lowest point of the company...

Investor

Was doing some shopping last nite at local Countdown, noticed plenty of Tegel products on sale. One that caught my eye was frozen chicken (think 10 size) for $5 each, also frozen nuggets, fresh chicken sausages and other frozen chicken cuts.

Did my bit by buying few of those to help the company out.

Not yet convinced to buy their shares though