sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I think it is simply overseas investors believe in The honourable John Key. Since that announcement the share price took off..... not taking away from the spotlight that this is a great company run extremely well!! I do think politically, that John is a trusted and a well liked politician by overseas investors. I would not invest at these prices into the company, as if something goes wrong in the world airlines stocks generally get dumped in a hurry.

not holding this stock so do your own research.
    Appointment was announced 1 May 2017 when the SP was $2.50. I'd speculate your theory has a lot of merit. Happy holder, still trades on a very sensible PE unlike a LOT of other N.Z. stocks.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool C a t

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ...still trades on a very sensible PE unlike a LOT of other N.Z. stocks.
    It is an airline and thus, by definition, is very over-priced .

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

$3.56 = 2 x $1.78 (and then there was the divvy)
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I think it is simply overseas investors believe in The honourable John Key. Since that announcement the share price took off..... not taking away from the spotlight that this is a great company run extremely well!! I do think politically, that John is a trusted and a well liked politician by overseas investors. I would not invest at these prices into the company, as if something goes wrong in the world airlines stocks generally get dumped in a hurry.

not holding this stock so do your own research.
    im inclined to agree. i wonder if the jk effect could work on other companies? smart move by the air nz board

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    It is an airline and thus, by definition, is very over-priced .

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

$3.56 = 2 x $1.78 (and then there was the divvy)
    Overpriced relative to what other airline PT ? 10 year average PE is 11 and unless my steam powered abacus is due for some lubricant 11 x 37 cps = $4.07 and that's based on $575m before tax, what if they do more than $600m ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-07-2017 at 02:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

So the govt. owns 51% and overseas owns 39%....that just leaves 10% for us poor old kiwi peasants. ps wonder how many more of those overseaers will want to buy?
    Last edited by see weed; 17-07-2017 at 05:00 PM.

9% mate as at 31 March 2017. Wouldn't surprise me if that was down to ~ 7% by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    9% mate as at 31 March 2017. Wouldn't surprise me if that was down to ~ 7% by now.
    Scarcity can be a good thing:-)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nocomment View Post
    im inclined to agree. i wonder if the jk effect could work on other companies? smart move by the air nz board
    No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    So the govt. owns 51% and overseas owns 39%....that just leaves 10% for us poor old kiwi peasants. ps wonder how many more of those overseaers will want to buy?
    There is nearly unlimited supply of these shares for any old kiwi peasant. It just looks like we value the share less than the overseas investors do. Just make them a good enough offer and I am sure you will get all the shares back from abroad .
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    No thank you.
    Over one billion dollars been added to the market capitalization of AIR since the announcement of his appointment on 1 May 2017. Overseas investors happy with his appointment or just coincidence ?, you be the judge mate.