sharetrader

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    yeah its like that or somewhat like that when you start out... but a decade +later with good career, Auckland capital gains etc... my lifes somewhat luxurious now lol

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by alistar_mid View Post
    yeah its like that or somewhat like that when you start out... but a decade +later with good career, Auckland capital gains etc... my lifes somewhat luxurious now lol
    Of course it is, and you learn a lot about wise spending. I've always said property is the classic investment to keep you broke while you're getting rich. And that's where you learn to extract good value out of every dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Of course it is, and you learn a lot about wise spending. I've always said property is the classic investment to keep you broke while you're getting rich. And that's where you learn to extract good value out of every dollar.
    thats a pretty good analogy - or description of it.

It was like that too.. like wasn't poor but didn't feel "rich" until I realised cap gains gone up faster than rents hence was effectively sitting on a pile of cash that might get more in an term deposit. wasn't til I liquidated most of my portfolio and the money showed up in my bank account.. then I kinda felt like I had made it.

Moneys in index funds, managed funds etc now. Just had a fn stellar month, 3% to month ended 11th October, thats only slightly less than the annual yeild I used to get (on market value).