sharetrader

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jg8512 View Post
    Hi Jay and Silu
    is getting money out of a US broker (like interactive brokers) actually hard?. Looking at their website they say one free withdrawal a month, and given what you need to do to prove identity to open an account, I wasn't anticipating any issues getting money back home. Afterall you are transferring from your US broker account back to your NZ account?
    I've used IB for a number of years. Mostly money only goes in but yes it is easy to get money out again. If you have an Oz bank account too (I use NAB and NABTrade) then IB can be used to transfer funds into AUD and across to NAB etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    Mostly money only goes in but yes it is easy to get money out again.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    If you have an Oz bank account too (I use NAB and NABTrade) then IB can be used to transfer funds into AUD and across to NAB etc.
    Or NZ bank.

Quote Originally Posted by smpl View Post
    Why?

Or NZ bank.
    thanks kiwico. nice feedback.

Hi Smpl, I took kiwico's answers to be that he/she was earning and increasing his/her investment levels in the US. Hence, money mostly going into IB. I don't think IB allow you to have a NZD denominated account, but you can have AUD, BGP, USD denominated ones etc. So, unless you want them to do the currency exchange from NZD for you, its best to give them AUD (or USD, etc). OR, Simpl, are you saying that you use IB and just send them NZD?

PS. IB have still not replied to my question (re: trading in all UK AIM stocks) and I have applied for an internaxx account.

Quote Originally Posted by jg8512 View Post
    thanks kiwico. nice feedback.

Hi Smpl, I took kiwico's answers to be that he/she was earning and increasing his/her investment levels in the US. Hence, money mostly going into IB. I don't think IB allow you to have a NZD denominated account, but you can have AUD, BGP, USD denominated ones etc. So, unless you want them to do the currency exchange from NZD for you, its best to give them AUD (or USD, etc). OR, Simpl, are you saying that you use IB and just send them NZD?

PS. IB have still not replied to my question (re: trading in all UK AIM stocks) and I have applied for an internaxx account.
    I hope you account opening process is smooth.

BeeBop