sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Concur Beagle, Concur...…

Seriously, do these guys have a dartboard, or do they employ 3 year olds?

Or is this price target in 2025, after a share consolidation??
    You're in top form today mate...yeah 1:10 share consolidation this time ! Their valuation for ZEL the other day was a really good laugh too at $8.30...I nearly split my sides with laughter
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

reminds me of the finance sector collapse. people seduced by the high dividend yield. no dividends for years now the govt will milk there loan for years. i mean 8 - 9% loans lol why would you ever want air to pay it back
    Last edited by bull....; 20-03-2020 at 10:59 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Its all going to end badly for minority shareholders. Soon they will be trading while insolvent. Then the govt will have to capitaiise those loans as preference shares at a fixed rate. This is a prelude to nationalisation.

IMO

So the first skittle has fallen which company is next . Some distressed ultra low cap raises coming.How about AIA.

The challenge is you have to get on top of your cost base. It costs $450m a month to run the airline. The revenue has fallen away very rapidly. You have to cut costs."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12317978

so radical cost cutting might halve the 450m a mth still 900m only gives them probably 6 mths to survive? so im surprised the share price is not 10c today
    one step ahead of the herd

What would be really grinding my gears if I was a shareholder is everyone else stands to do well. Govt likely to ostensibly nationalise the company for peanuts and fat cats(apart from Greg Foran with is very slight pay cut of 15%) still scoffing at the food bowl at exactly the same rate as last year despite the airline losing 90% of its business !

Worse, shareholders get nothing by way of dividend while management continue scoffing themselves as fast as they can !

QAN senior executive team working for nothing for at least the rest of the financial year to 30 June 2020. Its time for the fat cats at AIR to lead by example !
    They've been gorging themselves for many years, stand and lead by example or do everyone a favour and resign !

Minority shareholders really are on a one way trip to a hiding to nothing !
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-03-2020 at 11:37 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

I just purchased some Mitre 10 vouchers with my airpoint dollars. Will be spending on the house/garden before spending on travel.....and thought best to cash up....

I just purchased some Mitre 10 vouchers with my airpoint dollars. Will be spending on the house/garden before spending on travel.....and thought best to cash up....
    Thank you. Next time I am down that way I will do the same. I have no interest in flying anywhere for the foreseeable future and those airpoint dollars could be worthless sometime later this year.

Yep agree. Will be a trip to Mitre 10 for me tomorrow (or maybe I should shop on the airpoint store to "social distance" instead!) - can't see me booking any flights for the next 6+ months.