sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Nice bounce on 1 percent performance

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Nice bounce on 1 percent performance
    Quite amazing - I guess whatever happens and even if we manage to extinct the virus in both NZ as well as in Australia, airlines will clearly be sitting for many months to come on high fixed cost and low income.

Looking at the current SP action - is this what delusion looks like?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Quite amazing - I guess whatever happens and even if we manage to extinct the virus in both NZ as well as in Australia, airlines will clearly be sitting for many months to come on high fixed cost and low income.

Looking at the current SP action - is this what delusion looks like?
    Hope is obviously a viable strategy lol...probably take at least 3 years before their business goes back to anything like what it was....and in the meantime they're burning millions every day, (close to $10m a day at present by my calculations).
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-04-2020 at 11:47 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Some guy living near me who has never done stocks before bought a parcel recently .

To be fair he’s probably up right now wonder if he’ll cash out or have the courage to wait around 2 years

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Some guy living near me who has never done stocks before bought a parcel recently .

To be fair he’s probably up right now wonder if he’ll cash out or have the courage to wait around 2 years
    That seem to be the trend across board going by past few days trading on NZX. Suddenly a whole lot of people who never bought stocks come to realisation that stocks are the way to go, I think caution is required here and we may see lot of them burning their fingers and hands if not careful.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    That seem to be the trend across board going by past few days trading on NZX. Suddenly a whole lot of people who never bought stocks come to realisation that stocks are the way to go, I think caution is required here and we may see lot of them burning their fingers and hands if not careful.
    All the chatter on sharesies FB is about AIR and many are thinking its cheap and a once in a lifetime opportunity. They are all piling in.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    All the chatter on sharesies FB is about AIR and many are thinking its cheap and a once in a lifetime opportunity. They are all piling in.
    Agree, I can see people plunging in without understanding businesses. In this case AIR is far from coming back normal for at least 3 years or more and in the meantime it could head lower than today's price. I can't help but feel sorry that lot of novices are being sucked into this pump and dump scenario currently.

It is a bit of a worry. Facebook groups are seeing a proliferation of snake oil or crystal ball (or a crystal ball dipped in snake oil perhaps). Having said that its bound to survive in some form or another so maybe give the benefit of the doubt as the value may be there the medium to long -term.

This sharsies Facebook group seems to be a bit of fun

Where is it ...link?

Quick look couldn’t find it
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I just recently joined the Sharesies FB group. Whole range from complete novices asking for really basic advice, through to people wanting to invest in crypto and other crazy things. Lots of good things about Sharesies but there might be a lot of people getting caught up in the hype and doing things they don't really understand.