The main reason would be that with Sharesies, your holdings are not registered under your CSN/name. They are held by Sharesies as custodian. There are also still some features missing from Sharesies, which do not appear to be high on their 'to do' list unfortunately. No DRP as yet. You can now take advantage of warrants issues, but Sharesies won't contact you about warrant allocations until close to exercise date - you cannot buy or sell warrants on market via Sharesies.

Right now, I am a little disgruntled with Sharesies. Great platform for buying and selling, so I still use them, but they are dragging the chain on the above, whilst mucking about with things like portfolio design and 2FA, and coming up with half-baked solutions, which, in my humble opinion, are less than ideal.

So, if I were you, I would leave your holdings with ASB Securities, unless you have any intention of selling in the near future, in which case your idea might have merit.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi-jonno View Post
Im probably going against the grain, but I’ve got a small amount of shares over 5 stocks in ASB Securities. If I was to sell these, it would be $30x5 as over $1000. I’m thinking about transferring everything to Sharsies as it now has no monthly costs and when I eventually sell, it would be a fraction of the cost.

is there any reason not to do this?

rhanks - new trader.