sharetrader

Hybrid View

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    So who can show us how to use Multi Quote and what it's for?
    'Multi quote' can be used when you want to reply to more than one other post, in a single post of yours.

As an example, if I want to reply to two posts in a single reply post, I find the older post first and click the 'multiquote' option (the quote sign with the plus symbol next to it). Then I go to the newer post and hit 'Reply with quote' as in a normal reply. What appears in the post I am creating is:

1/ All the text from the post I flagged as a multi-quote.
    2/ All the text from the post on which I clicked 'Reply to quote'.

Both appear as separate quoted text boxes. I then add my own reply text, and post my message as normal once finished.

Be warned that after you post your reply, the post that you 'multi-quoted' still has the 'multi-quote' check mark attached to it. If you don't want to re-quote that first message again on the same thread when you quote your next reply -to an entirely different post on that same thread-, then you have to go and manually uncheck the multi-quoted post. Alternatively you can simply close down your browser and reopen it again. Previously multiquoted posts are 'forgotten' if you do that.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 23-07-2022 at 04:55 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    So who can show us how to use Multi Quote and what it's for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    'Multi quote' can be used when you want to reply to more than one other post, in a single post of yours.

As an example, if I want to reply to two posts in a single reply post, I find the older post first and click the 'multiquote' option (the quote sign with the plus symbol next to it). Then I go to the newer post and hit 'Reply with quote' as in a normal reply. What appears in the post I am creating is:

Both appear as separate quoted text boxes. I then add my own reply text, and post my message as normal once finished.

Be warned that after you post your reply, the post that you 'multi-quoted' still has the 'multi-quote' check mark attached to it. If you don't want to re-quote that first message again on the same thread when you quote your next reply -to an entirely different post on that same thread-, then you have to go and manually uncheck the multi-quoted post. Alternatively you can simply close down your browser and reopen it again. Previously multiquoted posts are 'forgotten' if you do that.

SNOOPY
    Brilliant, thanks @Snoopy

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post

SNOOPY
    Much appreciated. I had never figured this one out !!