sharetrader
Page 211 of 237 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2364

Thread: RAK Rakon

I’m a recent investor in RAK. Came in with the new management.

I haven’t checked too far back in the past but did RAK even have the ability to pay dividends in the past?? I’m aware at least that they turned in a number of years of poor performance.

It’s only recently that the balance sheet has come right and profits flowed. Got to give the new management the chance to grow this thing and see what has always been a lot of potential. A $200m market cap company operating in the chip space needs to retain all capital. Maybe once a billion dollar company it should consider paying a few pennys out to us annoying shareholders

I repeat my opinion that RAK seems very much like FPA in its later years after listing (prior to being bought out by Haier and delisted, now long gone) yes great technology, world leading in fact, but set back by foreign exchange rate impacts on earnings in the first decade after 2000 causing profits to be eroded, there were overseas manufacturing expansions that didn't pan out too well, (possibly) a long standing CEO who grew up with the business having spent much of his working life there (many companies refresh this role to acquire outside knowledge, skills and new thinking) and products that were rapidly matched by competitors and commodified thus returning reduced profits, to name the bulk of them as I remember.
    A White Knight for holders - certainly me (Haier) finally knocked on the door once the share price had been beaten to hell and a new CEO took over. I left the room with my shirt still on. I see this as RAKs fate. I personally think this all goes back to the original BOD choices.
    I'm sure I have seen this movie before, It's just a matter of time imo.
    Last edited by SPC; 11-12-2022 at 10:12 PM.

I think that you may have you're Mikes Muddled up???

Comparing RAK to FPA (the old NZX listed entity of many years ago prior to its acquisition by Haier and subsequent delisting from NZX - not the present day entity) as appearing to follow similar trajectories, no Mikes involved in these two.
    Last edited by SPC; 11-12-2022 at 09:51 PM.

For the 70% of shareholders who hold less than 10,000 shares a 2 cent dividend will provide sweet FA. eg: $4 a week.

MFB pays a dividend and doing so hasn't stemmed their losses in capital value.

The concept that a divi "will prove" something to the market and lead to a value uplift for RAK seems fanciful...

Zero interest in a dividend. Would rather they maximised EPS growth.

You would think div or not profits are now strong enough to see a consolidation of SP price not this steady drop.

Thanks for sharing. I like at the end of the video.. the interviewer asks Sinan Altug (CEO) what the next 5 years for Rakon holds.. Sinan explains in some detail and then says if you want me to summarise its "GROWTH"

From 90 cents to $2.20 and back to 90 cents (next support around 30 cents)

That’s some ride in just over a year

And the man on that video says GROWTH …..hopefully 5 years time share price isn’t still 90 cents
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”