sharetrader

John Key opinion/policy on Land Tax in 2011, as reported in Interest NZ

Some of the options discussed by the Tax Working Group are not favoured by the Government, for a variety of reasons, and will not be progressed," Key said in speech notes prepared for the address and obtained under embargo by Interest.co.nz in Wellington.
    "In particular, we will not be developing any proposals for a land tax,

His perfidiousness is breathtaking.

Grouch Marx has the best analysis of John Key

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.!"
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 27-04-2016 at 10:16 AM.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Latest poll out. NZF biggest gainer followed by the Greens. I will be doing everything I can to influence an NZF, Green, Labor and possibly Māori Party alliance.
    Did you intend to demote Labor (Labour) to 3rd/junior partner in this alliance, Daytr?

Surprisingly, the confirmation by the PM that there are living in NZ Chinese prominent on China’s “most wanted list” has resulted in silence from both politicians and the media.
    Is this because extradition to China could possibly result in death, or politicians fear any investigation into party donations by wealthy Chinese, or the fallout from mentioning Chinese immigration is to hot to handle.
    Whatever the fact that corrupt immigrants seemingly can easily enter and reside in NZ is cause for concern.

westerly

This whole talk of a land tax for non-residents is just skimming the surface of the issue .
    Its obvious immigration is the main driver, but because having 60-70k added to the population each year is the only growth model National has they won't do anything about it.
    Meanwhile prices will continue north and the strain on infrastructure, resources and the environment will continue.
    Well until someone else comes along to clean up the mess National leaves behind.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Perhaps its a prophecy MacDuff.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Did you intend to demote Labor (Labour) to 3rd/junior partner in this alliance, Daytr?

Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

@economic_hitman: Global corporations run this failed geo-political/economic system. To change the system, we must change the dream of corporations.

NZ is part of this 'game' - whose going to teach corps thar greed is not good?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Greed is another term for survival of the fittest. It is a fundamental law of nature - of survival - and if you expect to change that, you will get eaten. Several prophets have tried and started new religions, only to demonstrate that they and their followers are as "greedy" as everyone else and will not tolerate others who disagree with their form of 'equality'.

What rubbish. When do you see fat animals in the wild, other than to store up to get through a winter, or animals taking more than they need to survive?
    Greed typically at the expense of others or the environment will be humankind's downfall in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Greed is another term for survival of the fittest. It is a fundamental law of nature - of survival - and if you expect to change that, you will get eaten. Several prophets have tried and started new religions, only to demonstrate that they and their followers are as "greedy" as everyone else and will not tolerate others who disagree with their form of 'equality'.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    What rubbish. When do you see fat animals in the wild, other than to store up to get through a winter, or animals taking more than they need to survive?
    Greed typically at the expense of others or the environment will be humankind's downfall in the end.
    Once again you open the mouth before the brain. Greed, in this respect was clearly referring to a human condition. Daytr your mindless pursuit of of the baubles of your own imagination and your stoic belief in every bit of nonsense that comes into your mind leaves me no option but to ignore this forum from this point forward. You can now have the last word with the assurance that, whatever you write, I will not read it. I will be too busy leading a very successful life under a National government on my few acres of paradise, content with my contribution to society. You and whatever party has the misfortune to have your vote can go on into the mindless foggy future you enjoy.

Guru

Sure as hell will miss craic. Tells it like it is.