sharetrader

Hybrid View

Why would you want to pay for this service though smartshares when you can access free reporting tools very easily (for example Sharesight)?? At the end of the day smartshares is offering a low cost etf solution...

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Why would you want to pay for this service though smartshares when you can access free reporting tools very easily (for example Sharesight)?? At the end of the day smartshares is offering a low cost etf solution...
    Sharesight is not a good tool when you do monthly contributions into several ETFs and I don't have the time to update Sharesight every month. Sharesight is probably a good tool for when investing in individual companies directly.

I just update sharesight every month - You're right it does take some time about 15mins a month, and all the ETF are there. I'd prefer at this stage to keep the fee's as low as possible.

You can also buy the underlying smartshare ETF's though superlife though their management fees I believe are slightly higher.

smartshare at 0.35% / superlife at 0.44%

Quote Originally Posted by FIsaver View Post
    I just update sharesight every month - You're right it does take some time about 15mins a month, and all the ETF are there. I'd prefer at this stage to keep the fee's as low as possible.

You can also buy the underlying smartshare ETF's though superlife though their management fees I believe are slightly higher.

smartshare at 0.35% / superlife at 0.44%
    I use ANZ Securities to buy the Smartshares. I don't know how many ETFs you are making contributions to every month but I have several. Even Simplicity Funds have a basic Portfolio Dashboard and their fees are just as low.