sharetrader
Page 23 of 89 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: Orion Health

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wouldn't say the share price is actually "tanking"
    O.K. - don't intend to get into a lengthy discussion around the meaning of "tanking" ... I admit, there are lots of definitions depending on the context, and I agree that many of them sound more serious than what I had in mind:

what I found as meaning of "tanking" after a brief Google search:

1) to put or keep in a tank
    2) to move like a tank, esp heavily and rapidly
    3) to defeat heavily
    4) to fail, esp commercially
    5) to fail intentionally (part in sports)
    6) A security, sector or market is said to "be tanking" while it is on its way down (from Investopedia).

What I had in mind was definition number 6 ... OHE is going down for the last couple of weeks - and nearly back to its IPO price.

However (not just) in the spirit of the season more than happy to see you replacing the verb "tanking" with another verb which (in your view) better describes the price trend. Any proposals?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    However (not just) in the spirit of the season more than happy to see you replacing the verb "tanking" with another verb which (in your view) better describes the price trend. Any proposals?
    Not a verb for I'll just say it's on a xmas break that count extend up to easter holiday

Guru

More on the importance of Genomics
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news...ectid=11379312
    Regarding privacy issues raised on ST
    Will individuals really decide that their privacy on line is more important than their health ?
    Maybe the health professionals will need to educate their patients on its importance.
    Individual genomics is less important,group genomics will be more important.The issue will be who owns this information and can access it
    For the health insurers it is all about risk.I would suggest they will limit their cover depending on the individuals genomics.If individuals opt out then it seems logical they will get reduced cover ?

Guru

More on the importance of Genomics
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news...ectid=11379312
    Regarding privacy issues raised on ST
    Will individuals really decide that their privacy on line is more important than their health ?
    Maybe the health professionals will need to educate their patients on its importance.
    Individual genomics is less important,group genomics will be more important.The issue will be who owns this information and can access it
    For the health insurers it is all about risk.I would suggest they will limit their cover depending on the individuals genomics.If individuals opt out then it seems logical they will get reduced cover ?

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Slightly OT, but this is going to be a major social issue in the future; do we allow insurance companies such as ACC, SouthernCross etc. to discriminate based on genetic markers, or is the current system acceptable? Given we do not fully understand the interplay between seemingly unrelated genes, embarking on such a programme at this juncture is dangerous.

Guru

Why would it be OT Zaphod?
    Don't health insurers already 'discriminate' /have differential premiums based on health records & age ?
    Isn't it all about risk & user pays ?
    Regarding understanding the interplay between seemingly unrelated genes that is what I understand what the Orion Health software will enable the different interest groups to investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Why would it be OT Zaphod?
    Don't health insurers already 'discriminate' /have differential premiums based on health records & age ?
    Isn't it all about risk & user pays ?
    Regarding understanding the interplay between seemingly unrelated genes that is what I understand what the Orion Health software will enable the different interest groups to investigate.
    Yes, insurance companies do discriminate on this basis and are granted an exemption in NZ under the Human Rights Act to do so, however this type of discrimination occurs at a very high level (e.g. age bands) and is generally viewed by society as acceptable. Discrimination at the much lower genetic level, especially when based upon an incomplete understanding of the interplay of genes, raises a number of social issues that could even affect participation in genetic research itself.

Acts have been passed in many jurisdictions across the world banning such discrimination, but not in NZ.

Surely the forex change recently would more than compensate for any lower receipts?

Quarterly reporting a bugger eh

Hope $25m cash burn a quarter doesn't last too long

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Quarterly reporting a bugger eh

Hope $25m cash burn a quarter doesn't last too long
    Market cap has dropped below $900mill. Is Drury richer now? Who cares. But I would have thought the first major announcement would have been better than this.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR